PDA

View Full Version : the clothes stink

amstermarie
04-23-2008, 12:09 PM
:yes2 i started putting a little Bleach in the laundry. not even the full recomend amount. about half. and i can smell it on my clothes :yes2
i must have sensitive smelling. b/c no one around me seems to notice, and my dh does not notice. everything stinks the bed sheets and the clothes.. i did this to kill the MRSA in the house,. i need to do this for one more week.. when i stop using the bleach will the smell go away.. :sick
i did not use the bleach on ds3 or dd :no2
am i nuts to be able to smell this ? lots of people use bleach righ?
i use an unsented laundry soap. and when my sister gives me clothes i tell her i smell something. its not bad like the bleach smell.. but a bit overpowering for me :blush even when my neices and nephews are around i smell it.. i really thinnk i am weird...

KatieMae
04-23-2008, 04:23 PM
It sounds like you're definitely more sensitive to fragrances than most people if you smell scented detergent (or maybe dryer sheet scent) on your nieces & nephews clothes. Anyway, I would think that the bleach smell would go away once you wash the things a few times w/o the bleach :yes I'm sorry you have to go thru this hassle, but your family will be healthier for it, so good for you for doing it :tu

HummusDip
04-23-2008, 04:56 PM
I would try putting some essential oil on a wet rag and throw it in the dryer with the rest of the clothes each time, that should help at least. But find an essential oil that you like!! :giggle

judyaster
04-26-2008, 02:51 PM
You probably are just a little more sensitive than others (and nothing wrong with that at all)....as I have discovered...after quitting smoking for years now my 'sense of smell' seemed to come back big time....plus I was diagnosed asthmatic the past couple of years...colognes, perfumes, air freshners, yes...even those little dryer sheets....any and everything (I swear) has a "smell"....so I can sympathize and empathize with you....sometimes it's a plus and sometimes it's terribly irritating to feel like I "smell everything!" haha kwim?
I think using a tiny bit of the essential oil as suggested is a great idea....and believe the bleach odor will fade out soon
Hugs
Judy Aster