PDA

View Full Version : Your best white bread recipe for a bread machine?

jrsmama
04-22-2008, 09:53 PM
I only have unbleached all purpose flour left for this wk and want to make some bread in my machine. What's your fave recipe?

Close2MyHeart
04-23-2008, 04:49 AM
1 C. warm water
2 T sugar (or honey)
2 tsp yeast
3 C. flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 c. oil

I usually put the water in the pan, stir the sugar in, sprinkle yeast on top and let sit for app 10 minutes while the yeast foams.

Then I add the oil, flour and salt (in that order), put it on dough setting and let it go. You can do the complete cycle in the pan, but I really like it made in a pan in the oven, so I take it out after the dough cycle and put it in a regular loaf pan for it's last rise & bake.

jrsmama
04-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Wow! You don't have to keep the wet stuff away from the yeast at first? I'm just learning and that's all I"ve read so far about making bread in a machine. I :heart :heart :heart my machine. I also was fixed up with a used George Foreman grill over the weekend and have fallen madly in love :heart. Basically, if it helps me cook great food and requires little cleanup, I love it!

HummusDip
09-10-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm making this right now, I hope it turns out good! This is my first time using my bread machine. Oh and I'm using coconut oil for the oil...We'll see!

jrsmama
04-10-2009, 03:20 PM
I just wanted to send along a thank you for this recipe. I have used it very successfully for several months, now. It lasts enough days to make several pb and j sandwiches over the course of a school week, great toast, etc etc I also get great compliments from everyone who I"ve served this bread to. Thanks so much for sharing it!