PDA

View Full Version : Motivated Moms or others using a "schedule"

canadiyank
04-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Do you do all your chores at once or scatter them throughout the day? I scatter some days, do them all together on others. I've been keeping up *ok* but not great, so just curious what others do. :)

greendelight
04-21-2008, 01:23 PM
I clean 1 room a day (we live in a 2/2 apartment) on weekdays. I'm "off" on weekends to spend time with DH doing fun things. I wash clothes on M, W, F. It helps to have a schedule like that so I don't get overwhelmed. When I work on my area for that day, I *try* to do it all in one go...so when I'm finished, I'm finished and don't have to keep motivating myself to get the job done.

I tried MM, but so many of the tasks didn't apply to me that it basically boiled down to what I was doing anyway.

AmyDoll
04-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Scatter :) I do something in the morning after breakfast & something in the afternoon after lunch. MMs usually has 2 big things and a couple little things. I try to be all done by dinner time - but sometimes I do something before putting the kids to bed.

KatieMae
04-21-2008, 06:42 PM
I wrote my own version of Motivated Moms (adding some things, removing others from her list) and I have them split throughout the day, usually things I can accomplish in 10-20 minutes while L&L are occupied with playing or snacking or when Jude is taking one of his micro-naps. If I try to do them all at once, the kids will eventually end up fighting or nagging me to stop & feed them :giggle