PDA

View Full Version : Housework schedules or routines / housekeeping notebooks

illinoismommy
04-20-2008, 08:00 PM
I see we have a sticky on this but its way old... like started in 2005.... I'd like to know what you do now, if its the same, etc. What keeps it simple? What details seem to get lost? For example here.... I never dust :shifty

As far as a routine, I try to wash and put away a load in the morning, if one of the bins are full. (I have bins labelled Hot, Warm, Cold, Diapers) I find that if I don't put away that load straight from the dryer, it gets all wrinkly and then never gets done. So I try to get it put away immediately, and that's something that David can help with. In the late afternoon we clean and vacuum, though lately that's been happening less often because I'm so pregnant and tired. The dishes get loaded at night before bed. Hmm I'll have to think about the rest because I think its pretty sporatic as I go... those are the big items.

I made a house notebook.... in it I have a list of the household stuff that needs to get done on a weekly and monthly basis, and I have my meal plan. Other than that, not sure what to do with it :shifty

I could use some inspiration for being organized :think

WI Mama05
04-21-2008, 10:54 AM
I was all jazzed up at the start of the year and made my snazzy home keeping journal! :rockon It lasted until mid-February when I got really busy and now it's collecting dust. I really need to get back on it, so inspiration, come sting me!

WanderingJuniper
04-21-2008, 04:16 PM
I have a page that lists ALL the household cleaning things that need to be done and the frequency that they need to get done.
Every Monday with my morning coffee I sit and plan my week looking at the cleaning page and back at the previous week. (I cheat by putting in a movie for the kids to get that time).
It also has my meal plan and anything that I need to react to in terms of children's activities, social events etc.
The key for me has been to be willing to schedule something in very far in advance. Like if I washed all the curtains today to look two months ahead and write it in on that day so I see it. If I don't I won't remember to do it at all.

It has been a tough transition for me but really using the binder has created so much more peace in our home. And, it is clean to the standards of my husband, which are unreasonably high.

illinoismommy
04-21-2008, 06:15 PM
I was all jazzed up at the start of the year and made my snazzy home keeping journal! :rockon It lasted until mid-February when I got really busy and now it's collecting dust. I really need to get back on it, so inspiration, come sting me!

oh man, you were supposed to have the answer :lol

I will say though, I like to read lists and so it is getting use.... especially the meal plan, I always forget what I bought at the store and then can't think of what to have for lunch, so this is like a handy reminder

illinoismommy
04-22-2008, 10:24 AM
This morning I had an idea and I added a section where I put the unpaid bills and other mail clutter that needs to be taken care of. Before this its been a pile that floats aruond the house. I took some of those clear page protector sheets that are conveniently clear pockets and viola! Place for everything.