PDA

View Full Version : Did you clean today? Goals for the week...

HummusDip
04-20-2008, 04:36 PM
I was a major slacker this morning but I just got a bunch of stuff done and I'm so relieved. Keeping up a clean home is such work! I enjoy it in the end, but it's tiring! Especially when you this pregnant and have a toddler and a messy husband behind you.

Today I cleaned my bathtub and shower walls down.
Swept dh's bathroom
Washed the floors in dh's bathroom
Washed the countertops in dh's bathroom
Washed the sink in dh's bathroom
Cleaned the mirror in dh's bathroom.

Thankfully he took over from there and did the toilet and the shower and tub. :phew

I've also been working on our bedroom some more. I've been totally decluttering, I emptied half the closet a few days ago and have been slowly working on that so I got more of that done.

My goal to accomplish before the day ends is:
Load dishwasher and do a quick clean in the kitchen

Tomorrow my goal is:
Put away all of dd's folded clothes
Work on the closet/master floor again
vacuum
clean the junk pile going on in the entry way
go through the clothes bag in dd's room and see if there's any newborn clothing that needs to be washed and put away

My goal to accomplish Tuesday is:
Empty and organize the 2 drawers on the dining room buffet cabinet
Get rid of all the drinking glasses we have that we don't want, list them on craigslist
Go through dh's white t-shirts and donate at least half of them
Go through dh's socks and donate at least half of them

My goal Wednesday to accomplish is:
Finish the closet area in master
Vacuum master
organize food pantry
more to add later...

Blue-EyedLady
04-20-2008, 05:36 PM
How on earth do you get so much done? Yesterday I cleaned the bathroom sink, washed dipes, cleaned the air purifier, and washed like 3 dishes.

Today my MIL came over and held the baby for an hour so I could fold and put away laundry. No further housekeeping goals for today - if I get time later, I might try to finish writing that thank you note I started several weeks ago. I'm still working on Christmas TY notes! :sigh

Sometime this week I'd like to vacuum the living room furniture (that's been a goal for a couple of weeks now) and change the sheets on our bed.

HummusDip
04-20-2008, 06:19 PM
I don't know how I get so much done sometimes! Because I used to be a nasty pig and would literally do my dishes once every single dish in the whole house was clean and rotten food was everywhere and the sinks were plugged and did laundry once a month NO JOKE until every piece of clothing was dirty and I never cleaned the bathrooms or anything. UGGGGG

SO now I"m the opposite, I enjoy the rewards of cleaning. And I don't mind cleaning so much. I seriously didn't do anything this morning at all but after I got home this afternoon I did all that real fast, took me about an hour and a half, two hours. It felt good!

I am about to join my dh and dd in the tv room at our apartments and I'm going to put my dd's clothes away first. I still haven't worked on my closet area but I'll put in a good 10 minutes or so tonight before bed. Hopefully! :shifty

Also, part of how I justify my time on the net is doing productive things. If I read to my dd for a half hour, then I don't feel so bad being on here a half hour. If I clean for an hour, I don't feel so bad taking some time on here. ykwim?

HummusDip
04-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Well I didn't finish my chores last night so they got put on today's list. I really should get offline and get to work! Today's a busy day....

I also added organizing my food pantry at the end of this week because boy does it need it! I'm in the process of converting over everything to glass storage. I already have a lot of glass storage, but I've collected a ton more glass and it's just sitting around the house so I need to transfer it all and get my pantry clean.

WI Mama05
04-21-2008, 10:52 AM
What have I done today? Hmmm....

Fed the kids - twice, actually got them AND myself dressed by 9 am for a change
Did some work for the business
Switched laundry
Picked up my bedroom quickly and made my bed (which is a very loose term :giggle)
Made cookies with the girls
Did preschool for a hour
Put DD2 down for a nap and now I'm having computer time :shifty

AFA cleaning, not much. I'm trying to get back into a routine with things right now. I really need inspiration, but more than that - energy :giggle.

Hopefully when we get home from class around 3:15 I'll be able to do the dishes and sweep the floor. Things have just gone SO downhill around here in the last two months!

You go girl! Hope you get your list done! :cheer :cheer

StrangeTraveller
04-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Hrm, today I've:

-Gotten most of the dishes done
-Started a load of laundry
-Picked up the papers in the floor

I'm not cuddling with DS as he Nemos off to sleep. When he wakes up (cos I feel like cuddling rather than laying him down), my goals are to:

-Put away the laundry
-Finish picking up the floor
-Finish dishes
-Make dinner

Tomorrow:
-Sweep/mop the floors
-Keep dishes caught up
-Clean my back room

I've been working on being busy with Fuzzy, but I'd started with the idea that it was going to look like our daycare routines. I quickly discovered that we just need to be learning through our daily tasks. ..as soon as our sunburn ickiness is all gone, anyway. :shifty