PDA

View Full Version : "Messies" and Adult ADD

chelsea
04-18-2008, 10:00 AM
In reading the books by Sandra Felton, I cringe at the reality of how well she is describing me (avoiding having people over, etc) and how much I really am a "messie". There is a chapter in the book I am reading now that describes adult ADD and it really fits me. I'm terrified that it describes me too well. But in a sense, I feel like I understand myself a little better and I'm coming closer to being able to forgive myself for being unable to "get it together" all these past years and that maybe now I can move on and find solutions instead of beating myself up for being "lazy and useless". :(

RealLifeMama
04-18-2008, 10:12 AM
:tu

That chapter describes me as well. I remember reading that book like 11 years ago, though, and thinking that was not my problem, though. I thought, "well, I just haven't found the right system yet, I am not like those people.
20+ books and 100 "systems" later, well... :hiding

But in a sense, I feel like I understand myself a little better and I'm coming closer to being able to forgive myself for being unable to "get it together" all these past years and that maybe now I can move on and find solutions instead of beating myself up for being "lazy and useless". :(

Good for you!

chelsea
04-18-2008, 05:41 PM
I thought, "well, I just haven't found the right system yet, I am not like those people.
20+ books and 100 "systems" later, well... :hiding

:roll