PDA

View Full Version : bathroom towels -- how many?

illinoismommy
04-17-2008, 09:15 AM
this is a spin off-- how many towels do you like to have for your bathroom? two a piece? more?

crunchymum
04-17-2008, 09:23 AM
we have about 10 towels in circulation. although we do have a bunch of "old nasty" towels for whatever reason... dirty dog, births, whatever. :lol

blessedwithboys
04-17-2008, 09:33 AM
We've got 6 nice towels - all white. They really are only for dh and I though- the kids have fun Disney towels, and nobody sees them in the bathroom b/c they hang on the back of their bedroom door. I think we probably have 15 "dog towels" for well, dirty dogs, unexpected sink leak, muddy kid feet, whatever. I store them separately. I used to keep them together but dh kept using the dog towels :doh and they're just SO ugly hanging in the bathroom (ripped, stained, etc).

crunchymum
04-17-2008, 10:28 AM
I think we probably have 15 "dog towels" for well, dirty dogs, unexpected sink leak, muddy kid feet, whatever. I store them separately. I used to keep them together but dh kept using the dog towels :doh and they're just SO ugly hanging in the bathroom (ripped, stained, etc).

oh my goodness, my dh does the SAME THING! :no i'm like "honey, can you please use the actual bathroom towels and not the nasty ones?" they do just look so ugly hanging up. silly man.

Linnis
04-17-2008, 10:32 AM
We have 8 towels, two of each color. One for each DH and I. I change them twice a week. DS still uses baby towels I have 5 or 6 of them.

I guess I'll have to buy more towels and have a set of 4 out once he gets older and needs a bigger towel.

KatieMae
04-18-2008, 02:48 AM
I've got two sets of towels, so one can be in use while the other is being washed/folded in the linen closet. DH & I are still using our original wedding-gift bath towels & they're holding up pretty well for being 6 years old - they still get fluffy when I wash & dry them and the ends aren't tatty yet, so I can't justify replacing them :giggle The kids got new towels - also just two sets - when we moved into the house & had room to store more towels, but I'll need to get a couple more when Jude outgrows the baby towels.

I also have three handtowels for the half-bath downstairs; I change that one every other day but don't always do laundry that often, so I need more of them.

OT: Did anyone grow up always having "old" bathtowels. My mom bought new towels ONCE when I was about twelve but besides those, it was always the old ones they got when they married in the 70's. It's funny b/c I now tend to be a snob about having soft fluffy towels after years of "abuse" using the flat, totally worn, can-barely-get-you-dry towels at home :shifty

Heather Micaela
04-18-2008, 02:58 AM
two bath towels per person and 1 or two extras. We do laundry once a week, so sometimes one towel/person is not enough

ozmummy
04-18-2008, 03:28 AM
I just bought towels for the family at the post Christmas sales. I bought 2 for each person in their own colour. So now we have lovely rainbow towels. It's such a delight - I was bought up on the SAME towel from birth to about 15. And my mum still has it..lol.

2sunshines
04-18-2008, 05:14 AM
Well, I went with 8 towels for our family of 5. We still have our old towels though, so I'm not sure that I'll take all those out yet.