PDA

View Full Version : Ants

Linnis
04-16-2008, 02:25 PM
We have ants here in the new house. DH got those traps but they aren't doing the trick and as the days get warmer they get worse. Any ideas on how to get rid of the ants?

tempus vernum
04-18-2008, 11:50 AM
ground cloves - they won't cross a line of them. I had two nice brown lines on my counters for much of the summer last year. I bought a pound and sprinkled liberally.

I did a few other thigns but can't remember cuz they must not have worked very well :giggle

CapeTownMommy
04-18-2008, 12:45 PM
We've just had great success with the ant traps, so we didn't need to go any further than that. Before dd was born we would liberally spray poison in the garden (all around the house, as close to the foundations as we could get) and that worked, but we won't do that now.

Amber
04-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Last year the ant traps I bought didn't do a thing :no2 This year a friend recommend buying Terro ant traps...they work really well for your every day black kitchen ants. Or you can make your own, it is basically just borax mixed with sugar water (or so I was told). I haven't had any ants in my kitchen since I put the Terro traps out.

krysmh
04-18-2008, 02:13 PM
I've always had success with Terro traps. :yes