PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose paint and counter top colors for my kitchen

Amber
04-16-2008, 08:41 AM
Okay ladies I need some help. We are finally getting around to replacing our counter tops, we also have to repaint. I would post pictures of what it currently looks like, but right now the kitchen is a bit trashed :O And it is pretty small and set up in a way that makes it hard to take a good picture :rolleyes

Anyway. We have med oak cabinets, and white appliances. Our range is a flat top, and that is gray...I was thinking of getting mottled grayish counter tops in hopes that it would make it look like we have more counter space. Our kitchen is set up really poorly. On one side is the fridge - 1.5 ft of counter - range - 1.5 ft counter On the other side is 1.5ft counter - double sink - 2.5ft counter. So I am hoping that by making the counters close to the color of the range top it will give the illusion of having more space :think

But if I do that I'm not sure if it will make my kitchen feel too small. It does get a fair amount of light, there is a window and our sliding glass door on the sink side. Right now it is a bright orangish color. We are hoping to move in the next year or so, so I would like to find a color that might be appealing to potential buyers. Right now I am thinking about a muted leaf green color. The main areas of our house are a buttery yellow.

So what do you think? Any ideas for me?

MarynMunchkins
04-16-2008, 08:42 AM
I like the idea of gray and green. :tu

Drew
04-16-2008, 08:48 AM
:yes Green and gray sounds nice. The consistent surface color should give the illusion of more counter space as well.