PDA

View Full Version : If the "Take Home Chef" picked you to go home with...

chelsea
04-15-2008, 01:45 PM
I was just watching Take Home Chef and thinking that if for some reason he and his camera crew showed up at a local grocery store and chose me to take home to cook a meal with...I'd refuse his offer because I'd be way too embarrassed about how untidy and cluttered my house is. :shifty Does anyone else have a home that is SO cluttered and disastrous that they would turn down a once in a lifetime opportunity because of it?
I've avoided having anyone (friends, extended family) over to my house because I'm so embarrassed, but it took reading a book by Sandra Felton to make me realize that there are other people out there who do the same thing. :/

joyful mama
04-15-2008, 01:46 PM
it depends... some days yes, some days no :think

Bonnie
04-15-2008, 01:47 PM
ITTTTTTU. :hugheart

It used to be even worse than it is now. These days, I'd probably tell them, YAY! But you have to give me a two-hour head start. :giggle

FaroeIslandBabes
04-15-2008, 01:49 PM
It would probley cross my mind that my house isnt too tidy, but I dont think Id refuse the Take Home Chef!! :giggle Thats way too much fun to care about a little mess laying around...besides, they only film in the kitchen dont they?

chelsea
04-15-2008, 05:50 PM
It would probley cross my mind that my house isnt too tidy, but I dont think Id refuse the Take Home Chef!! :giggle Thats way too much fun to care about a little mess laying around...besides, they only film in the kitchen dont they?

Usually they show them walking through the house, and include most of the main rooms. I've always wondered "How on earth does he find all these women who have immaculate houses?" :scratch Makes you wonder if they refuse women whose homes are too yucky. :giggle

Mother of Sons
04-15-2008, 05:54 PM
I've never seen it but I've heard of it and thought the same thing. I kind of wonder if they don't give them a one day head start or something.

HomeWithMyBabies
04-15-2008, 06:21 PM
I don't think my house is *ever* ready to be seen on tv. I'd have friends or family over pretty much anytime, but a camera crew...no way! :no

HelenJ
04-15-2008, 06:43 PM
I've never seen it but I've heard of it and thought the same thing. I kind of wonder if they don't give them a one day head start or something.

I think about that every time I watch the show. Plus everyone looks so put-together just for grocery shopping. Maybe they figure if you dress up and do your makeup to go grocery shopping, your house must look nice inside...

Rabbit
04-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Ha! Have you ever gotten a glimpse of the sheer size of his crew? It only -looks- intimate. They go in there and fix everything up before the camera starts rolling, and help with the make up and wardrobe selection of the hostess. The crew even tapes together cardboard walkways through the home so that they don't damage the flooring with their equipment. They go shopping for their chickadee early in the morning, not late afternoon.

chelsea
04-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Ha! Have you ever gotten a glimpse of the sheer size of his crew? It only -looks- intimate. They go in there and fix everything up before the camera starts rolling, and help with the make up and wardrobe selection of the hostess. The crew even tapes together cardboard walkways through the home so that they don't damage the flooring with their equipment. They go shopping for their chickadee early in the morning, not late afternoon.

Lol because I saw the crew for the first time on the episode today (they showed their reactions to him learning to sing with the help of the hostess). I had NO idea it was such a large crew...so yah, maybe they help them spruce up the house a little bit. And maybe the immaculate houses are partly why the husbands always look SO shocked about the whole thing. :lol

joyful mama
04-15-2008, 08:37 PM
that makes sense :yes

crunchymum
04-15-2008, 11:07 PM
:hug there was time when i would totally turn it down... :yes2 on most days now, though, i'm not embarrassed anymore. it's been a long road.

mom2jolakeil
04-16-2008, 05:12 PM
My 4th cousin, Shira, was on the show last? year (didn't even know till I saw it and went, "she looks familiar. Shira? How many Shira's with really curly hair are there?" :shifty). She got a little tipsy on the show :giggle But I'd be so embarrassed too. But if they gave you a head start I could make it work ;)

HummusDip
04-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Ya right! I don't care how messy my house is! I'd let him cook for us anytime! :rockon

ladybug
04-16-2008, 07:20 PM
I'd say SURE, but you clean my kitchen FIRST!! LOL!! :giggle

blessedwithboys
04-16-2008, 07:29 PM
I'd say SURE, but you clean my kitchen FIRST!! LOL!! :giggle

Me too! I mean, even if it was "clean" I guarantee it wouldn't be "put me on tv clean". :no

me
04-16-2008, 11:27 PM
My first thought about the beginning of your subject was "...id tell him to keep looking 'cause he gives me the creeps for some reason" :giggle  :shrug he just does...
Eta: I wouldnt mind about my house, it might take 5 minutes of a little tidying. Ooooooonly because I have majorly decluttered. Not a year ago. I had a much nicer kitchen and I wouldnt have let them in then. No no no.....

mommyTay
04-17-2008, 02:36 AM
:think I think they would probably get to my house and send the "Clean Sweep" crew over instead :giggle Hmmm, I think I would like that! :yes

crunchymum
04-17-2008, 11:07 AM
:think I think they would probably get to my house and send the "Clean Sweep" crew over instead :giggle Hmmm, I think I would like that! :yes

:lol

monkeylicious
04-17-2008, 11:24 AM
i would have to think about it... but dh is really weird about his privacy - so i probably would have a bigger issue with that :shrug that said - he would never pick me - i think he only picks slim very pretty women ;)

mom2jolakeil
04-17-2008, 11:37 AM
i would have to think about it... but dh is really weird about his privacy - so i probably would have a bigger issue with that :shrug that said - he would never pick me - i think he only picks slim very pretty women ;)
And outgoing! But I think I remember him picking a man one time :scratch

monkeylicious
04-17-2008, 12:06 PM
And outgoing! But I think I remember him picking a man one time :scratch

yeah i think i saw that too - but i know i've made comments to dh about the typical women he picks - i find it annoying that he doesn't pick "real people" - okay, by that i mean people like me - moms at the grocery store trying to wrangle a child wildly steering the cart down the cookie aisle - because clearly my child needs a cookie! ;) and me looking at the very best - tired, no make-up, hair in a ponytail - because it hasn't been washed in at least a day ...

Rabbit
04-17-2008, 07:04 PM
He's not picking them up at Kroger or Walmart, btw. Only high end stores in high end neighborhoods. It's not all "his" choice, either. You can bet those women are hand selected by a professional producer in his crew.