PDA

View Full Version : Laundry-everyday or all at once

CakeLady
04-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Do you do one load every day or do have a set laundry day? Why did you decide to do it the way you do it?

inesperada
04-15-2008, 10:56 AM
We do it all on the weekends. Even with four of us, we can't put together a full load of whites or dark colors or whatever for every day.

RiverRock
04-15-2008, 10:58 AM
I try to do laundry on Mon and Sat if I have let it collect too much. Otherwise I do it most days, as I have the loads to wash. Most mornings it is gathered from the kids' rooms to the laundry room, and dh and I have a hamper in our bathroom so I'm usually on top of when there is enough for a load. The wash cycle on our front loader is about and hour and 15 min. so I just go bananas if I have too many loads to try to get through in one day.

Marielle
04-15-2008, 11:05 AM
spread out since we're on septic.

expatmom
04-15-2008, 11:08 AM
I do it everyday, as needed.

zak
04-15-2008, 11:16 AM
As soon as the hamper is full. So, as needed. :mrgreen

klpmommy
04-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Ideally, I do one load a day- I keep all dirty clothes in the laundry room & as soon as I see one hamper (kids' clothes, darks, whites, towels, etc) is full I do it from wash to put away. that is ideally. ;) I never feel overwhelmed that way b/c there is never too much to wash or fold. When I let it pile up one way or another (like right now Mt Clean Laundry is waiting to be folded) I feel overwhelmed.

TuneMyHeart
04-15-2008, 11:48 AM
I do it when needed (which means the hamper is full). It's usually 3 loads (whites, lights, and darks) twice a week. I wash diapers about every 3 days.

I'm anti-schedule when it comes to housework. :lol

MidnightCafe
04-15-2008, 12:08 PM
I do it either Friday or Monday, depending on hoe many clothes have piled up during the week. I like to only do laundry once a week because I hang clothes to dry, and I don't like to have to check on drying clothes every day. I'd rather do them all at once.

illinoismommy
04-15-2008, 12:21 PM
As needed.... we have bins labelled "hot" and "warm" and "cold" and when one gets full, I wash it.

tigerlily
04-15-2008, 12:32 PM
all on one day -- I like to see the laundry basket empty for a few short hours. Diapers I do 2-3 loads as needed during the week.

AdrienneQW
04-15-2008, 12:52 PM
I do laundry as soon as I can make at least one load. My DH calls me the Laundry Queen and loves to recount the story of the time he got off work at 5pm, came home, changed clothes, and then got called in to close another store at 9:45pm - but he couldn't find his smock. I asked if he checked the closet, he said no, he came home and put it right in the laundry hamper. Well, things don't last long in the hamper around our house - it was already washed, dried, and hanging in his closet. :giggle

Laundry is the ONE household chore I (mostly) enjoy and am actually good at; I do it as often as possible. ;)

Ima LeShalosh
04-15-2008, 01:00 PM
we have to do at least 1 load a day

expatmom
04-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Laundry is the ONE household chore I (mostly) enjoy and am actually good at; I do it as often as possible. ;)

:yes

And I don't like anyone messing with my system!

CakeLady
04-15-2008, 01:07 PM
:think I might have to reconsider how I handle laundry. I used to try to do it all one day and felt very overwhelmed and then there would be piles of clean clothes that I didn't get folded (I usually only get the first load completely put away). Maybe I will change to daily (or once there is enough for a load). I really don't like doing laundry, so maybe if I change my method it will help.

Heather Micaela
04-15-2008, 01:14 PM
all at once, but I have no choice in that

canadiyank
04-15-2008, 01:22 PM
As needed. I have a huge washing machine so I feel pretty guilty if I don't do a full load. The part I'm bad about it folding and putting it away. :doh

AdrienneQW
04-15-2008, 01:47 PM
That's another factor - my washing machine is small. When I do laundry at my mom's house I can easily fit twice as many clothes into a load. Having a small machine makes it easier for me because 1) I don't have to wait for a big load's worth of clothes, and 2) I know that if I let it sit around I'm going to have to do 10-12 loads to get it all done. Now that's motivation. :phew

mommyTay
04-15-2008, 01:55 PM
we have to do 2 loads a day or it gets overwelming very quickly. :crazy2

Minerva
04-15-2008, 03:26 PM
DD12 does hers as needed.

I or DH do laundry on Saturdays...

and it gets put away HOPEFULLY by Tuesday. :blush

swimming with sharks
04-15-2008, 05:38 PM
I tried so hard to switch to one load a day but I would forget or get busy and then dh wouldn't have clean clothes. So I'm back to doing it all on Monday (the day we stay home and clean) and then have Mt Laundry staring at me from the loveseat for most of the week. :hunh :/

HelenJ
04-15-2008, 06:45 PM
We are laundromat people so once a week (or sometimes even longer than that). But on the upside, it's only about 2hrs of our time to do that much because it's in like 10 machines :/

mom2threegirls
04-15-2008, 07:02 PM
I have two set laundry days a week. I have a huge washer and don't always have a full load every day (especially if I sort it). I also feel like I'm never done and need the accountability of- "ok, today is laundry day" because if I just do it "as needed" I put it off till it's overwhelming :shrug. I used to do it once a week but as more people were added :giggle I had to add another day. I only do a couple loads for those two days a week though.