PDA

View Full Version : Oil stains

Mum2Es
04-14-2008, 06:54 PM
I think this is the right place for this...
With my big sticky outey belly I am always splashing cooking oil on my tops. Soaking them in hot water and Sard doesn't remove the stains. Anyone have any handy hints? I'm sick of ruining my tops!
(DH said "wear an apron" - quite a smart suggestion really but as I'm always cooking in between doing other things, it's a bit impractical.)

Marielle
04-14-2008, 06:55 PM
zout as a pretreater and then oxyclean in a warm wash. I'm accident prone even when I'm not pregnant so I've become really good at stain removal LOL.

Mum2Es
04-14-2008, 07:27 PM
I've never heard of either of those products - maybe they're not available here (Australia). I'll look in the supermarket though. What are the active ingredients, in case we have a similar product with a different name?

Marielle
04-14-2008, 07:34 PM
oh man sorry didn't notice. I know zout is proprietary to its brand - started off as a pretreater for hospital scrubs IIRC.

the oxyclean is just an oxygen bleach which you should be able to find in australia. I just googled and it looks like Ecover sells an oxygen bleach.

cobluegirl
04-14-2008, 09:47 PM
felznaptha is good. I don't know if they carry it over there or not. It is a soap bar that has been around for years....dh's grma turned me on to it. also Spot Shot is a carpet cleaner that works really well on clothing...(not natural at all...LOL )