PDA

View Full Version : My Garden*pics* come look, its nearly "done"

LadybugSam
04-14-2008, 08:27 AM
This was my front porch 3 short weeks ago
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/ladybugs984/Garden/porch2.jpg

and this is how it looks now
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/ladybugs984/Garden/vegiesplanted.jpg

I LOVE what my porch has become. I have a garden! I hav enjoyed every moment of time i have spent there. Especially the time i've spent with my son there. I have worked hard in that garden, and i have loved every single second i have spent there. My yard feels so much more...me. It feels alive. it doesn't look barren, or empty/ its alive. its green. its beautiful. I worked hard and i have created something beautiful. And it not only beautifies my home, it will soon nourish my family. Every second i spend in that garden is time well spent, because it is time that i am providing for my family.

I love putting my bare hands into the soil. The smell of the wet dirt, onions, squash, and marigolds. I love plucking leaves from the cilantro, and from the mint, and putting them strait into my mouth, without having to worry about pesticides. I love watching the first little sprouts that will soon grow and blossom and be put on my family's table. I love feeling the sun on my back, the cold water over my hands, the dirt between my toes. I love sitting on the grass outside and watching my son play. I look forward to having high tea with my friends on my lawn. ;)

I am proud of every one of my plants.

I have 3 varieties of tomatoes: Ace, Sweet 100 cherry tomatoes, and a Green Zebra
Zucchini squash
Red Bell Peppers
Walla Walla onions
Stawberries
Green onions
Garlic chives
Spearmint
and Cilantro

In various stages of sprouting i have
Dill
Oregano
Basil
Parsley
carrots

There are marigolds everywhere, planted for their aroma which repels insects. I have a beautiful orange wallflower, i have daisies and mums, i have planted some aster for Caleb. I have alysium planted as well as petunias. Inside my home i have an asiatic lily and some oxalis.

I have a cucumber that i want to start as well as at least half a dozen other flowers, which i just can't wait to plant.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/ladybugs984/Garden/happygardener.jpg

I love being a gardener. I love putting on my floppy hat, and my baggy shirt, and my holey jeans. I love getting out there and into the soil. I love reading about how to grow my garden and which plants work best with each other. I love the way that both my cats perch on the window sill and watch me digging away. I love that when i let them out with me they rub against my legs and sniff all the plants, fascinated with what their mommy has done

Think my garden is done now though. Besides putting up something for my zucchini to grow on and to get some sawdust to mulch my tomatoes. I don't think i have room for anything else. Although i did want that cucumber. But that would require me to spend even more money on soil and hubby wouldn't be too pleased with that, although he didn't complain when i brought home the strawberries last night :P

I am just loving my little garden. I think my dreams are a little big for my yard, but someday...

Novella
04-14-2008, 08:33 AM
:tu Looks awesome!! :) I can't wait until I can do some planting outside. :heart

canadiyank
04-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Looks great! It's fun, isn't it? :D

HummusDip
04-14-2008, 09:07 AM
These threads are so inspiring!

I can't wait to have some extra cash to spend on gardening.