PDA

View Full Version : I can't keep up w/my daily housework PLUS the other stuff!

hey mommy
04-09-2008, 05:00 PM
I have a hard enough time just keeping up w/the daily dishes, laundry and picking up. Add to that having to organize everything, clean everything and keep everything spotless so we can sell the house, and I'm going insane!!!!!! I can't do it!!!!! And DH doesn't want anyone going through our stuff, so he doesn't want any of my friends to come and help! :hissyfit :banghead Add in C begging me to play with him every 5 minutes and I'm like this :crazy by the end of the day!

Ugh... I'm going to have to ask for help anyway... There is no way I can do all of this myself......

mom2threegirls
04-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Could one of your friends come over to play with C maybe? Then they wouldn't be going through your stuff but at least you'd be able to completely focus on it.

I totally understand! It's HARD getting a house ready to sell, and WAY harder with kids :hug. We ended up putting a ton of stuff in storage when we were selling our house (including most of the toys, and amazingly they were ok with just a couple special things :jawdrop) and it REALLY helped to keep things clean and organized, plus it was great for staging the house. We didn't want to pay for a storage unit so we ended up storing some stuff at a bunch of different friends/family's places that were willing. Just an idea.

How much time do you have to get things taken care of before you list the house?

hey mommy
04-09-2008, 07:32 PM
We have about a week before we list the house. I think we are going to have to put some stuff in storage. Or maybe we can store some of it at BIL's house, since he has all that room.

I'm going through next week and totally cleaning out C's room. I'm tired of his constant mess b/c he pulls all of his toys out and spreads them all over his room. It's horrid and impossible to keep clean. So, the toys are out of here as of next week. DH wants to list the house in the next week or so.. And I have SSOO much other stuff going on too, that there is no way I can do it all by myself...

ArmsOfLove
04-09-2008, 07:36 PM
moving is crazy! I would put everything you can into storage. Though we were in the process of doing that the first day the house listed and it sold that day :doh

Eventually I just go numb and it doesn't bother me so much anymore :crazy

klpmommy
04-09-2008, 07:37 PM
:hug2

when we listed our house in TX we moved out first. when we decide to list our current house I am insisting on that again.

hey mommy
04-09-2008, 07:40 PM
We can't afford to move out first.. I wish we could, but we can't. :( I like the storage idea. I'll talk to dh about that.. Though I'm sure he'll say no like he always does.. Mostly b/c he's not the one doing any of it. He'll pack up the computer room and part of the garage, leaving me with everything else.. That's how it always happens....

RachamMama
04-11-2008, 07:36 AM
We can't afford to move out first.. I wish we could, but we can't. :( I like the storage idea. I'll talk to dh about that.. Though I'm sure he'll say no like he always does.. Mostly b/c he's not the one doing any of it. He'll pack up the computer room and part of the garage, leaving me with everything else.. That's how it always happens....

"Sweetie, I've been thinking about the move. There is no way I'll be able to clean and pack everything myself. I've come up with a few options and would love to hear which you prefer. 1. Hire a moving company to do all the work. 2. You pick the amount of time you'll be able to schedule to help this week and we'll decide on a day to work together 3. A friend comes and helps me. Let me know which option you're most comfortable with."

Set your boundaries and be firm about it. If you can't do it all yourself, don't. :shrug If he wants the house to sell, he'll help or let you find some yourself.

As someone very special to me says "Hiring a moving company might be frivolous, but it's cheaper than divorce or a stay in the mental hospital" :giggle