PDA

View Full Version : 1 lbs of hamburger

joby'smom
04-08-2008, 12:03 PM
What should I make tonight with 1 lbs of hamburger and a full of stuff?

Rea T
04-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Fried rice. (If you have some cooked rice.)

Brown hamburger and 1 chopped onion, maybe a little minced garlic. Add some salt and pepper. At this point I would split the hamburger and freeze half, I usually only use half a pound in my fried rice. Add a little oil to the pan, about 1 Tbsp soy sauce. Dump in about 3 cups cooked rice and cook for 5 minutes. Add whatever veggies you have on hand (I usually just cook some frozen mixed veg but if you have leftovers, just dump them in without reheating). Heat it thoroughly, whisk 2 eggs and stir carefully through the rice until cooked. Serve w/ extra soy sauce.

expatmom
04-08-2008, 12:09 PM
:think Chili, tacos, spaghetti?

Lasagna, shepherd's pie, grilled burgers?

Meat loaf, hamburger soup?

joby'smom
04-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Fried rice. (If you have some cooked rice.)

Brown hamburger and 1 chopped onion, maybe a little minced garlic. Add some salt and pepper. At this point I would split the hamburger and freeze half, I usually only use half a pound in my fried rice. Add a little oil to the pan, about 1 Tbsp soy sauce. Dump in about 3 cups cooked rice and cook for 5 minutes. Add whatever veggies you have on hand (I usually just cook some frozen mixed veg but if you have leftovers, just dump them in without reheating). Heat it thoroughly, whisk 2 eggs and stir carefully through the rice until cooked. Serve w/ extra soy sauce.

YUM!

joby'smom
04-08-2008, 12:41 PM
:think Chili, tacos, spaghetti?

Lasagna, shepherd's pie, grilled burgers?

Meat loaf, hamburger soup?

OOOOHHH tacos sound good!