PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still using Chore Wars?

ShangriLewis
04-04-2008, 03:14 PM
We just started it and the boys really like it. We thought we might give them some rewards. But, I'm not sure what or how. Is anyone giving rewards? We don't usually do that but we all need a big kick in the bum to get organized again.

expatmom
04-05-2008, 06:58 AM
What is Chore Wars?

ShangriLewis
04-06-2008, 04:32 PM
You can google it. It's easy to find.

It's like a role playing game but for chores. I know some people probably wouldn't approve of it. But, my Aspie was pretty hyped up about it and that is saying a lot. It seems to be helping get us back on track.

expatmom
04-07-2008, 07:56 AM
What a clever idea! Now, the genre wouldn't appeal to my kids, but I can totally see how it would work for some. If anyone comes across the same idea in a Webkinz type format - let me know! My kids would be hooked!

cobluegirl
04-07-2008, 08:26 AM
hmm I am going to have to look it up.

allisonintx
04-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Heather, this is so GREAT! My family all play Lord of the Rings Online together (well, except for me, I'm not a gamer) They are totally psyched about Chore Wars. I'm having fun entering our weekend Quests tonight :mrgreen Thank you so much for posting about this!

ShangriLewis
04-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Awesome I'm glad I revived it! It's so cool.

I'm still curious if anyone is going to do incentives with it. I think it's fun in and of itself. But, my Aspie wants incentives added. Not sure how to do that.

(He always wants to make things more complicated)

allisonintx
04-14-2008, 06:00 AM
Dh and I are brainstorming incentives, but more along the lines of Family Incentives...places to go, stuff to do, etc. My "gamers" want it complicated, too. They want to see the monsters and actually do battle with them. They want their stacked treasure to be used to create other things. They want their clothing pieces to imbue powers...a little too much lotro :giggle