PDA

View Full Version : Sticker Residue on Clothes......Help!

Marsha
04-03-2008, 08:08 AM
I washed Ri's clothes with stickers (probably from Kroger's ) still on them. The sticker paper is gone, but the circle of stickie is still there and probably baked on now from the dryer.

Suggestions for getting this off?? PLEASE?

NoodleMom
04-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Use a product like GooBeGone on it. Rub it in and scrape the residue off with your finger nail. Then rewash clothing in washer,

Minerva
04-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Goo Gone works wonders!!! :yes

Marsha
04-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Goo Gone works wonders!!! :yes

I have some. Will do ,a nd thanks.

Sakura
04-03-2008, 09:16 AM
I had this happen recently on my toddler's fleecy kind of jacket - I used masking tape and it worked fairly well. I'm not sure how it would work on other materials, but :shrug3 I guess you could try.

What I did was tear off a piece of masking tape (about 3 inches long), press it onto the "sticker" area, rubbing kind of hard - like I was doing a tranferrable stencil, if that makes sense. Then I would lift up the tape, trying to pull it so the gunky stuff would come off. I used a LOT of pieces of the masking tape, but it actually did a really good job.

You might could try this first and if it doesn't work, try the GooGone. I don't know if you could successfully do the masking tape if you did the GooGone first. It was kind of tedious I will say though!! I'm sure doing the GooGone would be MUCH easier.

ThreeKids
04-03-2008, 10:33 AM
New stickers

Seriously, this happens to us all the time because our church uses sticker name tags and that's four name tags plus asset tags on the diaper bags to recollect after every visit. I'm going to have to laminate the asset tags at least. I'm glad to hear the Goobegone suggestion.

Marsha
04-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Goo be gone did the trick. Thanks!

NoodleMom
04-03-2008, 10:47 AM
:yes good!

Minerva
04-03-2008, 11:06 AM
:woohoo

blessedwithboys
04-03-2008, 11:10 AM
I was coming to post that you should use Goo Gone! :giggle Glad it worked for you! We've had that happen more often than I care to remember. :/