PDA

View Full Version : how to get walls clean? grease stains, pen stains, kid stains

Beauty4Ashes
04-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Other than painting them...my mil and sil are coming in about 2 weeks and I have to get this place clean. I hate having to use my nesting instincts this way. :td Anyway, the wall just above the oven has these orangish grease stains, and well, a lot of walls in this place are anything but white. Rubbing alcohol and the magic eraser work pretty well for the ink. For most cleaning I use vinegar, borax, baking soda, sometimes washing soda, dish soap, etc. There's some kind of mildew or something growing on the bathroom ceiling above the shower. What works for that? I'm almost tempted to buy bleach, even though I haven't used it in a couple of years.

CakeLady
04-01-2008, 08:56 AM
I :heart the Mr Clean Erasers. They really do work.

Our great dane kept splitting open the end of her tail which would spurt blood EVERYWHERE. I got sick of cleaning the walls and told DH I wouldn't clean them til it healed. Anyway, a couple months later....the blood did NOT want to come off the walls. As my last resort, I bought a Mr Clean Eraser. There was no super hard scrubbing...the blood pretty much just wiped away.

Beauty4Ashes
04-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Do they work well on grease?

Iarwain
04-01-2008, 09:04 AM
On grease I use dish soap (a stronger solution if it isn't cutting it) or Oxyclean.

Rabbit
04-01-2008, 09:08 AM
I use a citrus based grease cleaner like Citra-Solv with my magic eraser. Cleans crayon really well. Dawn works fantastic on grease as well.

Beauty4Ashes
04-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks! Or no thanks...now I have no excuse to not be cleaning the walls, or at least the two small walls in the kitchen since I have an idea of what will work... :shifty

CakeLady
04-01-2008, 09:15 AM
They do make a bathroom & kitchen eraser. I haven't tried it though. :shrug

MarynMunchkins
04-01-2008, 09:25 AM
If you have flat paint, there is very little that will help besides paint. Especially cheap apartment paint - it tends to come off the walls. :td

Sorry...:hug

Beauty4Ashes
04-01-2008, 10:47 AM
That's okay; we will only be here for a couple more months and then the housing people will repaint all the walls.

Minerva
04-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Another vote for Mr. Clean Erasers!!! :yes