PDA

View Full Version : i'm a bit nervous

LadybugSam
03-19-2008, 06:03 PM
This is the first time i've made pie crusts...My MIL is the queen of pie crusts (or so says EVERYONE WHO'S TRIED HER PIES), so i'm worried i'll really mess it up. I can cook, i just can't bake well. I'm hoping this turnsout well. its a completely different recipe and style than my MIL uses to make her pie crusts.

Honestly i'm not that big a fan of pie crusts :P I like pies, but MIL does these double thick crusts and i never figured out what the point was, i mean, its all about the pie, not the crust. Hopefully mine will be acceptable to hubby :P

I'm making a pot pie tonight, we'll see how it goes ;)

Mother of Sons
03-19-2008, 06:12 PM
My tips are to use VERY cold water and fat and don't mix it too much. Good luck!

RealLifeMama
03-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Oh, I understand the MIL comparison thing. [Well, for us it was grandmother-in-law, because she did all the cooking. )
My DH knows not to say anything, though, or he does not get that food item ever, ever again.
And, yes, chicken pot pie is all about the pie and the filling.
I am sure it was yummy!

i-am-blessed
03-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Sam, how did they turn out?? I'm definitely not confident to make pie-crusts myself!

LadybugSam
03-24-2008, 09:55 AM
OH, i forgot to update. It turned out really well :tu I was so worried abotu it but it turned out perfect, and it was SO buttery, perfect for the savory dishes i was going to make with them (i made a pot pie with the first 2, and then i froze the others already rolled out and in their pans, and later in the week, i made quiches with them.

It all turned out really nummy :)

joyful mama
03-24-2008, 10:40 AM
:yum