PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP

amstermarie
03-15-2008, 01:00 PM
i put toooooooooo much hot stuff in my home made chilie.. i soaked the beans all night and started it at 5am, half asleep b/c i had 2 babies waking every other hr last night.. this resulted in a boo-boo... so the chillie is way toooo spicey.. dh loves it, i can stand a bite or 2. but i don't think the kids will eat it.. :cry what, if anything can i do.. add water? add tomatoe juice? i waaaaa i have nothing else for dinner. dh say go to wedys and buy the kids chillie we eat that.. but i don't have the funds for that either.... :cry :cry :cry :cry

HomeWithMyBabies
03-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Can you serve it with bread or milk? Maybe add a bit of sugar? That might help cool it down.

amstermarie
03-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Can you serve it with bread or milk? Maybe add a bit of sugar? That might help cool it down.
ds1 cant have bread or milk.. how would sugar help? how much would you add to a big pot, it was actualy dinner for 2 nights :doh

deena
03-15-2008, 01:10 PM
That's a toughy. I don't know.

Mother of Sons
03-15-2008, 01:14 PM
I would probably add some sour cream and a couple of peeled potatoes.

If you use sugar, just add a bit at a time and taste until it is less spicy.

amstermarie
03-15-2008, 01:16 PM
I would probably add some sour cream and a couple of peeled potatoes
can't do the sour cream w/ ds1 either :cry :nails

bananacake
03-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Did you find a solution?

amstermarie
03-16-2008, 06:20 PM
i put a little brown sugar, a little more water and another can of tomatoes.. it toned it down.. it was still semi spicey.. kinda a medium. for ds2 and ds3 i added a little milk to there bowel. ds1 ate it and a2 ate it ds3 piked at it. the brown sugar and spicey mix together gave it a hickory taste,, it was good.. b ut i still prefer the usal mild i make.. dh, he loved it hot.. :jawdrop