PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to try cloth

Shnooky
03-05-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm going to give cloth nappies a go! I've printed out a pattern from thenappynetwork.org.nz. I have an almost 1yr old and a 2yr old and I'm 10 weeks pg. Hopefully my 2yr old DD will be toilet trained by the time the new baby comes, but I'll still have 2 in nappies. It's been expensive using disposables on 2, which is why i'm going to try cloth.

I'm not a sewer, I really have no idea what I'm doing :lol but i'm going to give it a try!!!

BeckaBlue
03-05-2008, 05:21 PM
:tu
you can do it, i found diapers fairly easy to sew :yes

2sunshines
03-05-2008, 06:25 PM
:woohoo

Cloth diapering rocks. Seriously. :rockon

Welcome to the journey. Feel free to ask a billion questions along the way. We've all been at the starter place. And there are many here who sew their own dipes.

expatmom
03-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Is that the wee weka pattern? I've used that one a few times. It is pretty straightforward. My most recent diaper from that pattern is dd2's absolute favourite. :heart

IslandHome
03-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Good onya!! :rockon Let us know how you go with sewing them.
I've been wanting to give it a go, but don't have a machine, so have been buying them - but that's a lot more expensive.
Where are you getting the fabric from?

Shnooky
03-06-2008, 12:50 AM
I did it! I made a cloth nappy!! I used the WeeWeka Pattern, it was soooooooooo easy! I couldn't believe it! I got the material from a little fabric shop near us, but spotlight is around the corner and they might have cheaper material. Now that I know how easy it is I might actually invest in some PUL. And it is so cute! I used 100% cotton homespun. When I get some PUL i'm going to use some Islander style print for the outer layer (seeing my kids are 1/2 Cook Island) teehee :sillygrin

ilikestrawberryjello
03-06-2008, 08:15 AM
:woohoo!!! That's how I started and I haven't ever stopped sewing cloth and perfecting my pattern! Even if you're not a "sewer" You'll do great!! Post pics when you finish!!