PDA

View Full Version : What can I make with this?

Raspberries
03-03-2008, 04:17 PM
I bought some thin cut slices of pork tonight and I don't know why. I'm not sure what to make with it. I've only made pork chops (these aren't big enough for that) or ribs. Any ideas?

clementine
03-03-2008, 04:45 PM
would depend on the cut...is it something you "fast cook" like a tenderloin or chops, or need to braise, like ribs

if it is a fast cook--one of our faves--mix a small can of chunked pineapple in juice with teriyaki or soy sauce and a spoon or two of brown sugar, bake at 350 til done (again, depends on the cut)....this is a tangy, sweet and sour taste, and the pineapples carmelize, yum:)

AmyDoll
03-03-2008, 05:04 PM
You can just pan grill them too with your favorite marinade/sauce. We had thin sliced pork loin 2 nights ago with an herb garlic marinade :)

Nightingale
03-03-2008, 05:07 PM
cut up and use in fried rice--cook the meat while steaming rice. Then throw meat, rice, some veggies, and maybe a couple scrambled eggs into a pan with some butter. Add some soy sauce. yum.

hbmamma
03-03-2008, 05:12 PM
From one of my old cookbooks, I've tweaked the recipe a bit, but here is goes:

Saute some diced onions, celery in some butter. Add some fresh or ground sage. Crumble about a cup of Ritz cracker (or similar) and mix all together. (Can easily make as much or little as you need)

Take a loaf pan, grease it. Lay one piece of pork at one end, take some "stuffing" and lay some up against the pork. Repeat with another piece of pork and more stuffing. Repeat as many times as you need to fill the pan.

Bake at 400F uncovered for about 35-45mins or until the pork is done.

:yum

Raspberries
03-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks so much for all the great ideas everyone!! I'll have to double check the exact cut again. Thanks again :) :heart

HummusDip
03-03-2008, 05:27 PM

Can I come over for dinner? :shifty

Raspberries
03-03-2008, 05:30 PM

Can I come over for dinner? :shifty

:lol sure! We'll make a night of it. You bring the tye dye supplies.