PDA

View Full Version : Is Spanking endorsed worldwide?

Littledisciples
02-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Just wondering if this is only an american problem or is it global. I don't agree with spanking. I was just wondering?

ArmsOfLove
02-28-2008, 06:21 PM
No--but it does appear in various stages of acceptance in different countries. It is illegal in Canada for children certain ages. It is also very uncommon in several countries. I believe there has been legislation being discussed in England and other European countries to outlaw it.

CapeTownMommy
02-29-2008, 02:18 AM
It's very very very common here (South Africa). When I tell friends that we're not going to spank dd, I usually get this: :hunh "Uhmmm... OK... Are you going to use time-out then?" :doh

Tuesdayschild
02-29-2008, 02:45 AM
No--but it does appear in various stages of acceptance in different countries. It is illegal in Canada for children certain ages. It is also very uncommon in several countries. I believe there has been legislation being discussed in England and other European countries to outlaw it.

:yes It's illegal in Sweden too. And mostly it is rarely done in Europe, and certainly never with anything other than a bare hand - otherwise it is considered child abuse in most countries.

Benjaminswife
02-29-2008, 03:00 AM
It is illegal here in Germany I think. But the Americans on base all seem to do it.

mummy2boys
02-29-2008, 03:06 AM
Its not illegal here in Australia but you cannot hit a child above the shoulders nor leave a mark.

puah
02-29-2008, 08:02 AM
in india parents may cuff or slap their children out of frustration (and while it's somewhat accepted, it's viewed as not a good way to handle things), but there is no concept of the over-the-knee 'spanking' as done in the West. when i was learning language my tutor and i were looking at a page in my book with various types of hitting (so i could learn the different words for slap, punch, etc.) and there was a drawing of spanking and she didn't have any idea what they were even trying to portray

ArmsOfLove
02-29-2008, 08:30 AM
in india parents may cuff or slap their children out of frustration (and while it's somewhat accepted, it's viewed as not a good way to handle things), but there is no concept of the over-the-knee 'spanking' as done in the West. when i was learning language my tutor and i were looking at a page in my book with various types of hitting (so i could learn the different words for slap, punch, etc.) and there was a drawing of spanking and she didn't have any idea what they were even trying to portray
Honestly, I think that is awesome :yes I have a lot of tolerance for someone at the end of their rope--though I do not believe it's healthy or wise to reach that place, much less live there, without making huge changes. but to not even have a concept of the sick ideas of spankings taught here just gives me hope :heart

Katigre
02-29-2008, 03:43 PM
In the middle east corporal punishment is common - but not our idea of spanking, it's more like a beating you would give to an older (think teen) and often a son.

mamaKristin
02-29-2008, 04:35 PM
In Canada, it's illegal to spank under age 2, or over age 12. Only with an open hand, not on the head.