PDA

View Full Version : Smoothie recipes?

BearyBlessed
02-19-2008, 12:05 PM
What do you like to put in your smoothies? I need some good ideas to expand my small list.

Here's my usual-
plain yogurt
a banana
frozen blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries
sometimes some peaches and/or pineapple
almond butter
ground flax seed
water for consistency

What other things to you put in? I'm getting a little bored with the same thing all the time. I'm also wanting to try adding some veggies, but I'm not sure what combinations are good. I don't like many veggies, but I need to eat more.
The only thing I really need to keep the same is to have some sort of protein source added in. I don't care for the almond butter a whole lot, but I'm getting used to it.

MaybeGracie
02-19-2008, 07:20 PM
I usually do milk, a banana, and frozen blueberries. Then I just change the fruit when I want something different. Sometimes I add a bit of honey. Lately I've been adding half a dragonfruit - I find it very tasteless so it doesn't make it taste weird but adds antioxidants, fiber, Vit C and various minerals.

lavender mom
02-19-2008, 10:01 PM
I've added kale before and it's been good. I put a leaf or two in the blender. I think I've also done spinach, but I can't remember for certain.

IslandHome
02-20-2008, 12:41 AM
I often put in some sprouts, or liquid cloryphyl (spelling!!) for some vegie goodness.

And seeds... sesame, poppy, sunflower, etc.
Rolled oats
100% orange juice
Buttermilk

I've been buying bananas when they're cheap and really old and freezing them which means there's always some ingredients to make a smoothie!!

zak
03-20-2008, 03:54 PM
bumping for ideas.... I'm dairy free and use OJ in place of yogurt/milk. It's yummo!

HummusDip
03-20-2008, 04:04 PM
My usual is a green, like spinach, romaine or kale, and then banana and strawberries with some water and a couple cubes of ice.

I might throw in some kefir or other fruits, but that's my favorite.

I also am going to start drinking a white smoothie once a day, that has coconut meat, bee pollen, honey, bananas, and some nut milk.

HummusDip
03-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Duh I forgot to say that I plan to add 1/2 an avacodo and some vanilla extract in my white smoothie too.

me
03-20-2008, 07:53 PM
My usual is a green, like spinach, romaine or kale, and then banana and strawberries with some water and a couple cubes of ice.

I might throw in some kefir or other fruits, but that's my favorite.

I also am going to start drinking a white smoothie once a day, that has coconut meat, bee pollen, honey, bananas, and some nut milk.

I was hoping you would post a green smoothie! :) how strong is the spinach taste?...dont forget to take your prenatal :lol

peacefullone
03-20-2008, 07:56 PM
our oldest son came up with this one and I really love it:

milk (raw or soy) most often, lately it's been raw cow's milk ---about 2 cups or so
banana -- 1 or 2
heaping spoonful of peanutbutter
baker's cocoa a scoop

blend well and drink!

StrangeTraveller
05-01-2008, 07:28 AM
We just made a yummy breakfast smoothie, tho it tastes like sherbet and could totally sub for it...

-1 (12 oz) can frozen OJ concentrate
-2 c milk
-half a bag of frozen strawberries. I'm not sure what size the bag was. I just kept putting 'em in until it looked yummy.

The frozen strawberries took the place of the sugar that most orange julius recipes call for and doubled as ice.

:yum :yum :yum

peacefullone
05-01-2008, 07:52 AM
mmmm....that would have been better than what I just ate (brownies with peanutbutter frosting) :blush