PDA

View Full Version : Do You Love Your Vacuum??? What do you Have?

made4more
02-06-2008, 08:24 PM
I am looking into one of the bissell models, or a dyson. I'm not interested in a kirby, because I'm lame and i like a pretty vacuum, and kirbys remind me of cleaning house for the old ladies I worked for. :shifty lol- I dont care how good htey are, they won't fit under my furniture.

anyway- I'm thinking about the d yson animal, but they are 500 bucks!
the bissell healthy home vacuum is supposed to be similar to that, I have even read reviews from owners of both the dyson AND the hh and they prefer the hh, so I dunno. :shrug I am frugal (ish) and I like the idea of having the money to spend on something else. :lol

so what do you have? do you love it w/ all your :heart? :giggle does it make you want to sing? or at least make you wanna vacuum? :)

hink4687
02-06-2008, 10:53 PM
I love my dyson! We've had it for 5 years now with zero problems. Try Kohls with a coupon and you can get it for a much better deal! I've seen the animal attachments on ebay for 20-30 dollars...I've been thinking about adding that to mine b/c I don't have that.

CakeLady
02-07-2008, 09:03 AM
I :heart my Dyson. I have the animal one, I think. It was pricey, but I figured if it worked half as good as the other ones I had I won't need to replace it as often. I've had it for years and it still sucks as good as it did the first time I used it.

illinoismommy
02-07-2008, 12:37 PM
I have a nice Kenmore from Sears.... with a 5 year reparation plan, and I can take it in for yearly cleaning... I bought it after the irritation of buying 100 dollar vacuums and them breaking all the time or not working right ....

hey mommy
02-07-2008, 12:41 PM
I have a 1996 Kirby that i got for free.. If I hadn't gotten it free, I would have a Dyson. I still want one eventualy. I love that you can see what you have vacuumed up. It would be nice right now so I could salvage any legos that I've vacuumed up. I'm sure there are probably several in my vacuum bag right now. :(

BHope
02-07-2008, 12:57 PM
We have this one: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4383896 And we HATE it. Just a warning.

WanderingJuniper
02-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I don't like my vaccum. :no Hubby hates it so much that he keeps trying to convince me we need a Rainbow. I can't. They are just so ugly and cumbersome. :shifty

made4more
02-07-2008, 02:55 PM
LOL abou the rainbows- are they the ones w/ water in them? what a hassle!

b hope- did you get sucked in by it's purdyness? I love vacuums that look cool, but in my experience, I warn all to NOT buy dirt devil. I haven't used one that I didn't hate.

so dyson it is.....

BHope
02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
b hope- did you get sucked in by it's purdyness? I love vacuums that look cool, but in my experience, I warn all to NOT buy dirt devil.
:giggle I'm not sure what sucked me in. Probably a combination of price and purdy. We had it all of two months and it broke. Walmart let us exchange it and now we're stuck with it. It's just an awful vacuume. I'd buy a new (different) one, but I'm too cheap.

SansSouci
02-07-2008, 03:27 PM
I absolutely LOVE my Dyson! I bought a Dyson on the Ball (it actually is on a ball, which makes it turn amazingly! - no back ache!) from this website (http://www.bestchoicevacuums.com/). I spoke with the man there, and he was very nice and knowledgeable. And that was the best price I could find, plus it came with some extra accessories for free!

I learned that all of the Dysons are the same (ie: every Dyson 15 is the same, no matter if it's the animal or the yellow or whatever) - the only difference is: 1) the color and 2) which accessories it comes with. So, the Dyson Animal vacuum is the exact same vacuum as the yellow one and the gray one (no better suction, no better anything). But they charge more for the Dyson and call it the "Animal" because it comes with accessories that people with hairy pets will most likely want. Frankly, I've got 2 very hairy dogs, but I actually preferred different accessories.

So, anyways, I would highly recommend a Dyson! I splurged and got the ball, b/c I had tried a friend's and it turned so easily! I really really love it. But I got the cheapest ball I could find, b/c purple/yellow/gray they're all the same and I really didn't need any fancy accessories.

BTW I did a test of my Kenmore vs. my Dyson. I vacuumed with my old Kenmore REALLY REALLY WELL (ie: at least twice over every inch of carpet!), and then I vacuumed with my Dyson immediately afterward. I was shocked to see that in just my living room, family room, and dining room, I filled up the Dyson's bin THREE times! Hello! It was mainly dog hair (that apparently my Kenmore wasn't getting), but there was also dirt in there - eew! I was thoroughly impressed, though!

ETA Yes, it makes me sing... and then I gush on and on about how I love my vaccuum! lol

BTW I am frugal too, and I don't like to pay full price for anything! I paid $400 for my Dyson on the ball - and that's better than any other price I could find anywhere else!

made4more
02-07-2008, 05:17 PM
I just noticed that I shoudl have searched vacuum first, before starting a new thread. a big sorry to the ladies who have had to reply (again) about hteir love for their vacuums. :O

elizabeth- I'm SO sold. now to see if dh will let me pay 400 on a vacuum. he ought to, or else I'll probalby be spending 250 t his year, and then getting a dyson when I learn that I hate the one I buy. LOL might as well start high right? I always "steered" away from the ball, thinking it'd be too hard. i searched for a video of the ball in action, and all I can say is "neato!"

made4more
02-07-2008, 05:24 PM
ooh- it's 475 now :(

I don't know that dh will go for that.. pray for me :giggle

made4more
02-07-2008, 05:28 PM
me again! :giggle :lol do you ever notice the hair and dirt sticking to the little holes inside the canister? I have a hoover fusion (back away- no, run away- run away scared like a bitty baby :yes2 ) and the dirt gets stuck on the little holes at the top of the canister and it never gets to get to the "full" line, because it's airflow is restricted... that doesn't happen w/ the dyson? oh- my heart is skipping..

I'm so silly- I've been SO excited about the steam mop and the vacuum!

rowansmom
02-07-2008, 05:33 PM
I have a nice Kenmore from Sears.... with a 5 year reparation plan, and I can take it in for yearly cleaning... I bought it after the irritation of buying 100 dollar vacuums and them breaking all the time or not working right ....

Our vaccum just died today, nothing goes into the container, it all stays in the tubes, evern thoguh I took the whole thing apart today and it still does it.

yes it was $100 model from bissel.

I'm thinking of going for a dyson or something from sears, I need the warrnenty

illinoismommy
02-07-2008, 05:36 PM
I just noticed that I shoudl have searched vacuum first, before starting a new thread. a big sorry to the ladies who have had to reply (again) about hteir love for their vacuums. :O

elizabeth- I'm SO sold. now to see if dh will let me pay 400 on a vacuum. he ought to, or else I'll probalby be spending 250 t his year, and then getting a dyson when I learn that I hate the one I buy. LOL might as well start high right? I always "steered" away from the ball, thinking it'd be too hard. i searched for a video of the ball in action, and all I can say is "neato!"

I absolutely would (and did) spend that much for a vacuum. Before this we kept spending 100 and having to replace them.... the cheaper ones are garbage... if you can buy one with a service plan from a place that will take care of you I think thats a good idea too, especially with kids and just the amount the vacuum is used for a bigger family..

bananacake
02-07-2008, 05:44 PM
:popcorn