PDA

View Full Version : Feb 7th SHC

Myrtle
02-06-2008, 07:16 PM
DAILY STUFF
Quiet Time/Devotions Spend time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family (150 points)
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts)
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing congregating there, then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day." You still get points for maintenance.
Shiny sink (20 pts for empty shiny sink, 10 points for doing some dishes)
Laundry (20 pts for caught up, 10 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)
15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points)

Today's the day to fix something. Do you have a squeaky chair, a shirt that's laid around for months waiting for a button to be put on, a toy you keep meaning to put new batteries in, or a front porch lightbulb that needs replacing that you keep forgetting to replace? Well, today's the day to take care of it. (50 pts for each thing you fix)

*Bonus* Put everything away that was needed for fixing whatever you fixed. Don't leave the screwdriver on the counter or the glue gun laying out. Throw about the packaging for the light bulb or the batteries. Clean up any mess that was made by taking care of today's challenge. (20 pts)

RiverRock
02-07-2008, 09:38 AM
What a fun challenge! :tu

RiverRock
02-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Well, I went to the gym this morning...and then visited with a friend all afternoon....so not much cleaning or fixing going on today! :no

some laundry (10)
hot spots done once with is an improvement for me...but no points
2 x 15 min. pick-ups (30)
about to go to bed and do my devotions (150)
for the first time in about 2 weeks all my dinner dishes are going to stay on the counter until morning...too tired (pms sleepiness getting the best of me)

total : 190

Myrtle
02-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Quiet Time/Devotions Spend time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family (150 points)
Shiny sink (20 pts, and Jessica, it's thanks to you! You said something the other day about the shiny sink being a habit for you, and I thought as I looked at the dishes last night that yeah, it's pretty much a habit for me now, too, so it wouldn't really hurt to skip tonight, and then I thought about how if I skip too many nights (like I've done lately) it's not so much of a habit after all, so I better get to loading that dishwasher, so I don't loose my "habit." ;))
Laundry ( 10 points )
15 minute pick ups (15 pts)

Today's the day to fix something. Do you have a squeaky chair, a shirt that's laid around for months waiting for a button to be put on, a toy you keep meaning to put new batteries in, or a front porch lightbulb that needs replacing that you keep forgetting to replace? Well, today's the day to take care of it. (50 pts for each thing you fix)
Fixed a Christmas ornament that's been around since, yep, December. Also fixed the lid to dd's trinket box. Now if I can just find the bottom of it... 100pts

*Bonus* Put everything away that was needed for fixing whatever you fixed. Don't leave the screwdriver on the counter or the glue gun laying out. Throw about the packaging for the light bulb or the batteries. Clean up any mess that was made by taking care of today's challenge. (20 pts)

315 total

joyful mama
02-08-2008, 08:35 AM
some laundry 10 pts
shiny sink (thank you dh!) 20 pts
hot spots 10 pts
2 pickups 30 pts
quiet time 150 pts

thats it... 220

RiverRock
02-08-2008, 12:18 PM
[ Shiny sink (20 pts, and Jessica, it's thanks to you! You said something the other day about the shiny sink being a habit for you, and I thought as I looked at the dishes last night that yeah, it's pretty much a habit for me now, too, so it wouldn't really hurt to skip tonight, and then I thought about how if I skip too many nights (like I've done lately) it's not so much of a habit after all, so I better get to loading that dishwasher, so I don't loose my "habit." ;))

:haha You saw that I didn't do my dishes last night, right. I baked this morning and added to the pile...but I'll get to them soon so my kitchen will be presentable for friends coming over later this afternoon. I did, however, get 9 solid hours of uninterupted sleep. Ahhhh...still feeling good because of it!

WI Mama05
02-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Quiet Time/Devotions 150 points
:OI left the house yesterday and didn't get much else done EXCEPT:

Today's the day to fix something. 50 pts

Clean up any mess that was made by taking care of today's challenge. 20 pts

220 today

Myrtle
02-08-2008, 07:21 PM
I did, however, get 9 solid hours of uninterupted sleep. Ahhhh...still feeling good because of it!

:rockon Wow. I don't remember the last time I had more than around 4 1/2 hours of uninterupted sleep. Someday. Some sweet day. :yawn

hink4687
02-08-2008, 08:03 PM
DAILY STUFF
Quiet Time/Devotions Spend time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family (150 points) - 150pts
Shiny sink (20 pts for empty shiny sink, 10 points for doing some dishes) -10 pts
Laundry (20 pts for caught up, 10 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) -10 pts
15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) - 15 pts

lumpofclay
02-10-2008, 06:35 PM
OK, so I'm having some health issues (to be vague), so I get 20 pts for a shiny sink.

Myrtle
02-11-2008, 02:49 PM
(((((Jessica))))) I hope you're feeling better soon.