PDA

View Full Version : Will my new camera chip work in an HP Photosmart 7760

apmommy
02-05-2008, 10:27 PM
I got this in 2004. Haven't used for 2 years since it ran out of ink. (Too lazy to buy more). I got a new digital camera for my bday- Olympus. Will this still work with the HP Photosmart?

Second question, is this outdated technology? I saw online that you can get printers, scanners, and photo maker for $125ish.....

I'm just trying to determine if this is now obsolete and it would be easier/cheaper to find a new one??

Thanks...I'm NOT good AT ALL with computers, cameras, ect. :scratch

Hermana Linda
02-07-2008, 12:01 AM
If your printer ran out of ink 2 years ago and has not been used since, it will need cleaning. It really might be worth upgrading. :yes3 anyway, that is my :twocents

apmommy
02-07-2008, 03:51 AM
Thank you for responding. I tried the chip and it doesn't fit into any of the slots. Also, two of the slots have pennies in them (from dd). I think I will toss it or give it away. :heart

Hermana Linda
02-07-2008, 02:16 PM
That might be best. :heart

kazoo
02-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Maybe you can call your local recycler and they can recommend someone to recycle it for you. :) I did that with our TV -- our county jail work force takes stuff like that and either fixes it and gives it to someone who needs it, or they part it out and recycle the innerds. :cool

For photos, have you thought about using a print service? Guess it depends on your needs. I like them b/c getting them printed makes better looking pics; I'd have to have too expensive a printer to get the same quality. But I don't do a lot of photo printing.