PDA

View Full Version : Kid crafts

klpmommy
02-01-2008, 08:31 AM
yes, this goes here.

I love to craft. So do my kids. But they don't want me to throw anything away & all the grandparents live states away so we have to mail stuff to them. I don't mind throwing away coloring pages when they are sleeping :shifty but we rarely make other crafts b/c I don't know what to do with them. I think my kids would love to do more crafty stuff, but I don't want to deal with the finished product. :help

crunchymum
02-01-2008, 07:08 PM
:popcorn

greenjellysnakes
02-01-2008, 07:57 PM
We are just now getting into doing more crafty things. My plan is to hold onto things for a couple of weeks, maybe a month, just long enough that the old stuff is replaced with a bunch of new stuff. Then before tossing stuff out (when the kids are asleep of course!) take photos of the project, and make a photo album or scrapbook at the end of the year with all the photos in. Then we still have a memory of the projects, without having a house full of kid art. Of course we will keep a few select pieces, and give some to relatives. But most of it I think will end up in a little "My Projects 2008" scrapbook. HTH. :)

AdrienneQW
02-01-2008, 09:33 PM
We do exactly what Tammy suggests. :yes My kids are both obsessed with crafts; we do arts and crafts EVERY day. We do distribute some of their favorite pieces to friends and family but otherwise we display things for a short time, take photos, and toss. They each have a small album that holds 100 photos and they keep pictures of their favorite projects in there. Works very well here! :tu

ETA: With the grandparents far away, make extra prints of the photos of the best projects and send them along! I'm sure the grandparents would rather have pictures of the coffee-filters-and-chenille-stems flowers than the flowers themselves anyway. ;)

hink4687
02-01-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm making a digital scrapbook with cooper's. I've been scanning his artwork and I'm going to make a book once I have enough. I suppose if it were something unscannable i could take a picture of it and save it that way. :think