PDA

View Full Version : February Shiny Home Challenge Rules and Definitions

Myrtle
01-31-2008, 03:15 PM
We'll start the challenges in the morning, so for any newcomers I thought it'd be a good idea to explain how the SHC works.

All our challenges will correspond with the date, so Ch #1 is for before midnight on Feb 1st.....Ch #2 is due before midnight on Feb 2nd, etc.

There will be a separate thread for point tallies, so each person can post her points and keep them totalled for the challenges.

Definitions:

Daily Stuff~ these are ongoing throughout the whole month

Shiny Sink~ "if your sink was shining when you went to bed (this is ongoing all month)... you get points for every night you do that." (from the original challenge back in Nov.)

Hot Spots~ "Clean those areas where clutter and STUFF just keep showing up....kitchen table, kitchen counter, foyer, stairs.....you know what I mean. Check it and CLEAN it. Don't just try to organize the JUNK.....get it out of there. Don't let it sit....or it will double and triple in size!" (from the Dec. challenge)

If you've gotten your hot spots under control, you will still get the points for maintaining them :rockon

Quiet Time/Devotions ~ Spend time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family (from Jan. challenge) *This is the most important part of our ministry to our families. I hope this will take priority over any of the challenges. :heart

Laundry ~ "caught up" gets more points, but you'll still get some points for doing some of your laundry. As for "caught up" you'll have to define that yourself. Some people have a laundry day, and others do a few loads every day. You know your laundry situation. Ironing, mending, putting things up, treating stains, etc. Whatever works for you, you decide what caught up looks like in your home.

As far as the Declutter Daily goes, I figured since some of the decluttering will be taken care of through the challenges, and since there's a decluttering in 2008 thread, maybe we'd just set that one aside this month.

HTH! Looking forward to February and working with you all to get our homes in order to bless our families and others! :heart

lumpofclay
01-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks!

One suggestion: would it be possible for mamas to try to edit their post in the "point totals thread" so the thread doesn't grow to a million pages. So, for example, I would post once, and come back on Feb. 2nd to edit and add points from that day. One big benefit is that my "points to date" would be in the post I'm editing. Does that make it more difficult or less? Thoughts?

lumpofclay
01-31-2008, 05:42 PM
:blush Another question: will you be posting the day's challenges that morning or the night before? (mainly so I know when to look for it)

Myrtle
01-31-2008, 07:48 PM
Jessica, I think that's a really good idea about editing points. Let's do it that way.

And I intend to post the goals the night before.

Oh, and I wanted to add for everyone, if you don't finish the challenge by midnight there are no points for that one, of course. But I know sometimes I've just done the challenge the day before it was posted, and that's kinda' frustrating. So if I post a challenge, and you just did whatever it is the day before, I think it's fair to count the points. Is that ok?

lumpofclay
01-31-2008, 07:55 PM
:yes Sounds fair.

Just to be clear....so no catching up on challenges will be allowed?

(I'm such a rules person...I like to understand things clearly! :lol )

Myrtle
01-31-2008, 08:09 PM
There will be a catch up day at the end of the month, but til then, no points for challenges not completed by midnight of the day they're supposed to be completed. :yes

tempus vernum
02-01-2008, 05:36 AM
:tu

RiverRock
02-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Sounds great, Laura!

Thanks for all your questions, Jessica. I tend to need clarification on rules too. :hiding What about the daily pick-ups?

No catch-ups will encourage me to stick with the challenges. :tu

joyful mama
02-01-2008, 10:32 AM
:tu sounds great!

Myrtle
02-01-2008, 11:17 AM
I forgot about the daily pick-ups. I'll keep those with the dailies b/c I think they help out a lot. Thanks!

Oh, and the Tally Thread has been made a sticky.