PDA

View Full Version : How to store frosted cupcakes for two days?

Psyche
01-31-2008, 01:33 PM
DS's b-day party is Saturday. I've frosted the cupcakes and cake but have not air tight storage for the cucakes (they're on a platter and covered in plastic wrap. Should I put them in the fridge or freezer until Saturday morning or just leave them on the counter?

MidnightCafe
01-31-2008, 01:58 PM
Good question! I'm interested to hear other replies. I'd consider freezing them...or, at least, refridgerating.

RealLifeMama
01-31-2008, 02:22 PM
What kind of icing did you use? The icing I usually use has to be refrigerated.
I'd at least refrigerate them. Freezing is probably not required. I usually freeze cakes before I ice them, but that is so they are easier to frost.

krysmh
01-31-2008, 08:35 PM
I would not refrigerate them unless the icing required it. I think it would dry them out more. :think

I'd try to figure out air tight storage though. That would help them stay moist.

ShangriLewis
01-31-2008, 09:18 PM
My house would be too warm. I would have to have them in the fridge. The frosting would stick to the plastic.

RealLifeMama
02-05-2008, 08:21 AM
So, what did you decide to do, and how did they come out?

Psyche
02-05-2008, 10:22 AM
It went over fine. Thanks for remembering :) I put them in the fridge and took them out Saturday morning. The kids loved them.

And everyone loved the dairy free ice cream I made. My parents said the grandparents were raving about it in the car on the way home :cool