PDA

View Full Version : 1/31/8 Shiney HOme challenge

tempus vernum
01-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Sorry to be slow = my computer is not running well.

DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts)
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing is congregating there . Then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day" You still get points for maintenance.
Declutter - 15 mins/day (15 pts)
**modification to decluttering task --previously was 10 pts -- NOW IT'S 15 points for doing the 15 minutes of decluttering and 5 points per item you throw away or donate.
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes)
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points)
Quiet Time/Devotions Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family (150 points)

Challenge - clean out diaper bag (50 points
Bonus - clean out purse and other bags that need it (50 points per extra bag)

As the last day of the month, each and every one of you won with a Clean house :heart :heart :heart :woohoo and new habits :woohoo

I won't be mailing prizes but each of you are such special wonderful women and I am honored to have participated in this with you.

joyful mama
01-31-2008, 11:45 AM
:heart :heart you too Jodi :heart :heart

lumpofclay
01-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Jodi, you rock. I'm so grateful for this challenge, and I admit to being more interested just b/c you were involved. :heart (nothing to do with any other mamas.....just Jodi & I hit it off not long after I joined GCM :) ) I really got a lot done this month when I sit and think about it. :tu My garage looks better. My office desks are situated. I tossed a bunch of stuff. I have a clean, organized kitchen. Plus, it helped DH with having more of a plan. He's always been helpful, but he's helpful in more of a disorganized way. So he can walk around for an hour picking up and "doing stuff" but after even an hour, it doesn't look like he's done anything. Now, he's learned that keeping the sink empty and getting one load of laundry a day and *timing* pick-ups works so much better. Less work time, more work actually done. :tu

Myrtle
01-31-2008, 08:03 PM
this has been a great month. I'm especially glad you started the quiet times in the Daily Stuff. :yes

tempus vernum
02-01-2008, 05:35 AM
Jodi, you rock. I'm so grateful for this challenge, and I admit to being more interested just b/c you were involved. :heart (nothing to do with any other mamas.....just Jodi & I hit it off not long after I joined GCM :) ) I really got a lot done this month when I sit and think about it. :tu My garage looks better. My office desks are situated. I tossed a bunch of stuff. I have a clean, organized kitchen. Plus, it helped DH with having more of a plan. He's always been helpful, but he's helpful in more of a disorganized way. So he can walk around for an hour picking up and "doing stuff" but after even an hour, it doesn't look like he's done anything. Now, he's learned that keeping the sink empty and getting one load of laundry a day and *timing* pick-ups works so much better. Less work time, more work actually done. :tu

Jessica, you are so sweet - and you helped me a lot this challenge :hug As you know ;) Yes, we did hit it off quickly and it's been nice to have more regular contact with you again :heart

I hope you keep doing the challenge in february - I am going to try if my computer doesn't go down - dh actually did something that it's doing better yet again! WOohoo. So hopefully it will make it a bit longer without dying :)

Laura, thanks for taking over our feburary challenge - i am going to try to do better than I have the last week in January :O

lumpofclay
02-01-2008, 07:34 AM
((hugs)) What's up with your computer?

Six Little Feet
02-01-2008, 09:07 AM
I am in...after falling off the wagon last month. :blush If anyone wants to ever PM me to :poke me along feel free. I need it.

And I :heart Jodi too.....

joyful mama
02-01-2008, 10:27 AM
yesterday, didn't get much done... kids are sick, and I'm not feeling great.

some dishes 5 pts
some laundry 5 pts
quiet time 150 pts
3 15 mins. pickups 45 pts
hot spots 10 pts

just dailys... 215 pts