PDA

View Full Version : OK, teach me...

KitKat
01-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Here is my extent of herbs and such..

cammomile and peppermint help with calming nerves, settling tummies and well taste REALLY GOOD!!

That's it.

So, in my house, I have two boys with serious digestive issues. DS1 throws up at night. He is 6 and I have an appt. for him next week to see what keeps causing this. And dh has a nervous stomach, he tends to get an upset tummy every couple weeks and insists he is getting sick, even if he is healthy.

DD has ADHD and ODD and her meds only do so much. So anything to help calm her would be wonderful.

DS2 is fairly healthy but always has a runny nose, just like his momma.

My mom just moved in and she has High Blood Pressure, anxiety and hypothyroid.

I also have trouble with never feeling rested, so I am always tired, and mom and I both have problems with our stomachs in that we tend to have issues after eating. As in running to the potty after meals.

So, as you can tell, I KNOW my family is not at their best in their health, and well, I want to know what to do about it. When I talk to Dr.s about it, they say, things like IBS or Gastroenteritis for mine and mom's issue with food. Allergies for the continuous runny nose, etc.. So basically, they push meds on us. Well, I am really tired of it.

Is there any kind of natural method to maybe just in general, improve our health?

NovelMama
01-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Have you considered going to a nutritionist? SO many things can have their roots in food sensitivities/allergies. You can find good ones at meta-ehealth.com.

Rabbit
01-30-2008, 06:29 PM
:listen

cobluegirl
01-30-2008, 09:20 PM
I would suspect some allergies...

Ima LeShalosh
01-31-2008, 11:22 AM
go to Native Remedies.com. They sell only herbal products. We use the Focus and Bright Spark for my DS ADHD....and while it does nothing to sedate him as drugs would, it DOES stabilize him BIG time! I like the site because they say exactly what herbs are in there and why and how they work. They also give diets to use for certain medical conditions.

KitKat
01-31-2008, 01:24 PM
go to Native Remedies.com. They sell only herbal products. We use the Focus and Bright Spark for my DS ADHD....and while it does nothing to sedate him as drugs would, it DOES stabilize him BIG time! I like the site because they say exactly what herbs are in there and why and how they work. They also give diets to use for certain medical conditions.

Thank you, I'll have to check that out.