PDA

View Full Version : 1/30/8 Shiny home challenge

tempus vernum
01-29-2008, 09:36 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts)
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing is congregating there . Then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day" You still get points for maintenance.
Declutter - 15 mins/day (15 pts)
**modification to decluttering task --previously was 10 pts -- NOW IT'S 15 points for doing the 15 minutes of decluttering and 5 points per item you throw away or donate.
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes)
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points)
Quiet Time/Devotions Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family (150 points)

Challenge - vaccuum your heat vents :) (100 points per room)
Bonus - vaccuum your floors while the vaccuum is out (50 points per room)
Extra bonus - dust before you vaccuum (50 points per room)

Myrtle
01-30-2008, 07:35 AM
ok, seriously, I dusted on Monday. I was just telling dh that I can *see* the dust. I could use my finger and write in the dust on the hutch. What is that?!?!?! Some rooms stay dust-free all week, and others could be dusted daily and still be questionable. I was gonna' dust anyways today, and since dh is still home, I'll get him to do the vents. I won't be here for a couple of hours today, and it'll give him something to do. :giggle

tempus vernum
01-30-2008, 07:40 AM
ok, seriously, I dusted on Monday. I was just telling dh that I can *see* the dust. I could use my finger and write in the dust on the hutch. What is that?!?!?! Some rooms stay dust-free all week, and others could be dusted daily and still be questionable. I was gonna' dust anyways today, and since dh is still home, I'll get him to do the vents. I won't be here for a couple of hours today, and it'll give him something to do. :giggle

That's why i started using microfiber :tu Makes everything stay more dust free. It could also be the "activities" you are doing there or the air flow. (do you have a door to the outside opening and closing in the room for example)

:hug

Myrtle
01-30-2008, 07:48 AM
The back door is there, and we have cats, and there's no carpet to "catch and hold" the dust in the kitchen, so maybe that's why it's so bad. I used microfiber cloths for a while to dust, but then I discovered the Pledge dusters, and they're great! They might be microfiber or something like it. I'll have to look. They work really good for the rest of the house, but the kitchen and the living room could be dusted every day. They aren't, but they could be. ;)

I still use the microfiber cloths for other things, like the mirrors and buffing and stuff.

Myrtle
01-30-2008, 08:01 PM
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts)

Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink) First time in a while, but it's shiny!!!
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - 30 pts)
Quiet Time/Devotions Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family (150 points)

Challenge - vaccuum your heat vents :) (100 points per room)300pts
Bonus - vaccuum your floors while the vaccuum is out (50 points per room)300 pts

Didn't get around to dusting after all :)
820 total

If it's just the two of us, why don't you make it a nice and easy challenge for tomorrow? I'm a big fan of those "pamper yourself" ones. :shifty

RiverRock
01-31-2008, 09:23 AM
I feel so far behind in tallying points...but I hope to get back into the swing of things next month. The funny thing is that I have been focusing on rearranging/repurposing areas and rooms since my house is becoming so clean! It feels like I have done a Spring cleaning. Just a few more areas to conquer, and the challenges have been helping me with that. I took pictures of most of my rooms at the start of Dec. and I hope to have a home postworthy by the end of Feb. With the exception of a few "storage" areas, I feel like it's mostly in the details now. Thanks everyone for the motivation so far!