PDA

View Full Version : 1/26&27/8 Weekend shiny home challenge

tempus vernum
01-25-2008, 07:07 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts)
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing is congregating there . Then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day" You still get points for maintenance.
Declutter - 15 mins/day (15 pts)
**modification to decluttering task --previously was 10 pts -- NOW IT'S 15 points for doing the 15 minutes of decluttering and 5 points per item you throw away or donate.
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes)
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points)
Quiet Time/Devotions Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family (150 points)

We are repeating yesterday's. If you don't have catch up to do, go backwards and choose however many challenges and bonuses you'd like to repeat and add 50 points to each. Sorry ladies but I am a bit overwhelmed and need a breather on coming up with new things :hiding

Challenge and bonus 1/26&7/8 CATCH up - add 50 points to each challenge and bonus you catch up on - extra catch up points ONLY good for today. This is THE ONLY bonus that you don't get to catch up on I am 90% sure no one is all the way caught up but if you think you are, have a cup of tea and take 100 points

tempus vernum
01-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Challenge 1/18/8 - PROCRASTINATION CHALLENGE look around your home - do you have a problem area you have that you have been ignoring FOR MORE THAN 2 WEEKS? I do. Spend 15 minutes starting on this area. Toss, organize, declutter, do what you have to do. (50 points) DONE 50 points

Bonus 1/18/8 -- see our challenge today? Spend an additional 15 minutes working on the area until you are done -(50 points per additional 15 minute increment you spend working on your procrastination project or projects) DONE x 2 and still not done :rolleyes 100 points

Challenge 1/21/8 - ponder the changes you have made due to the challenge(s) you have participated in. Consider what you need to focus on next. Feel free to PM or post if I can tailor challenges to your needs or post so we can discuss how to get there! (100 points) DONE -- focus on decluttering more next and getting some projects done that I have procrastinated - either that or getting rid of them. 100 pints

Bonus 1/21/8 - journal about those changes and make several goals to get you to the homekeeper you want to be (100 points). 100 points
*If/ you want to online journal, we could have a separate thread in this forum and post if you want to share but sharing isn't necessary

I have really appreciated being constantly on top of the laundry. I used to do laundry only on weekends but putting away a load or two a day seems more doable now. I have managed to keep my kitchen clean almost all the time -- sink, counters, and table wiped. I have managed to keep my hot spots under control. The bigest thing for me has been that the month of VERY low activity due to my miscarriage has not burried us in messes :tu It only took me about a week to unbury us because I had kept doing a bit here and a bit there (5 min here, 15 min there, etc). It has been very refreshing :heart

This is more of a laundry list than a journal but I am tired at the moment :yawn cuz I worked my tail off today :yawn.

When my laundry is done for the day I'll come update my dailies :)

350 ponits in catch up :woohoo

Myrtle
01-27-2008, 08:02 PM
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts)
Shiny sink (30 pts for empty shiny sink)
Laundry (30 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (60 pts )
Quiet Time/Devotions Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family (300 points)

Is it absolutely terrible that we had the chance to do catch up challenges again, over a weekend even, and I didn't catch up on anything? :shifty
430 pts for the weekend dailies

Myrtle
01-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Jodi, you've done an amazing job this month! :rockon Thanks for all your hard work with the challenges.

tempus vernum
01-28-2008, 05:29 AM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) 10 points
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing is congregating there . Then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day" You still get points for maintenance.
Declutter - 15 mins/day (15 pts)
**modification to decluttering task --previously was 10 pts -- NOW IT'S 15 points for doing the 15 minutes of decluttering and 5 points per item you throw away or donate.
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) 15 points
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) 15 points
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) 45 points
Quiet Time/Devotions Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family (150 points) 150

Daily - 186

tempus vernum
01-28-2008, 05:31 AM
Jodi, you've done an amazing job this month! :rockon Thanks for all your hard work with the challenges.

:hug thanks. I am not sure I am going to keep adding challenges since we don't seem to have many people participating anymore :giggle

What do you think? Should I just keep "catch up" as our challenge???? NOt sure what to do. :shrug :)

It's been a lot of fun but I am ready to be done with it too :giggle

Myrtle
01-28-2008, 06:33 AM
I was wondering who was going to do it next month. KatIsSavedByGrace seemed interested, but she's not in this thread anymore, so I wasn't sure. It seems like a big undertaking, but I hope someone will do it again. One of my friends was saying she wants to join the Feb. challenge b/c she's been seeing these for a while now and always missed the start date. It seems like there's only about 5 of us left, though, so I didn't know if anyone else would join in next month or not. If not, I might go hang out with the Messies. ;)

I've enjoyed working together, and I've got some habits now that are no longer point-induced. :shifty I think next month I'll try to keep up with most of the challenges, but just not worry about the points anymore. I'll just check in daily for the support aspect of it.

There's only four more days left this month, so we could just do some more catch ups. I was also thinking that maybe we could do some stuff like clean out the silverware drawer, vacuum our vents, clean under the beds, clean out our purses/diaper bags. That'd take us to the end of the month, and it's the stuff I need to do anyways. :shifty Of course, others might have other things they'd rather do.

tempus vernum
01-28-2008, 07:11 AM
Where is my post :scratch I thanked you for the ideas :scratch
said I like working with people too but it's gone :sigh

:ty2 for those great ideas! I was ALL OUT OF IDEAS but I wanted to add one - when we clean under the beds, the bonus can be cleaning under the couches too ;)

Myrtle
01-28-2008, 10:02 AM
good one! I always forget about the couches until dd takes the cushions off to build a fort.

Myrtle
01-28-2008, 12:12 PM
I don't know what got into me today, but if it's ok with everybody, I'd like to do the February challenges. I made a list of challenges and bonuses for the whole month (although I'd be happy to tweak it if anyone has certain areas they would like us to concentrate on at some point). :)

joyful mama
01-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Jodi, I totally understand the overwhelmed feeling. Its a lot of work organizing a challenge like this, then actually doing it too :P~

sat:
quiet time 150 pts
laundry caught up 15 pts
some dishes 5 pts
3 15 mins. pickups 45 pts.
procrastination challenge done by dh... I've been putting off a lot of this...changed kids' bed to bunk beds, washed and put all new bedding away, put all old beds in attic. rearranged and cleaned room. pts (procrastination + extra 30 mins. i hope that looks fair :think. he worked on it for HOURS. ) 150 pts

365 pts

sun:
quiet time 150 pts
laundry caught up 15 pts
some dishes 5 pts
2 15 mins. pickups 30 pts

thats it...
200 pts