PDA

View Full Version : 1/25/8 Shiny home challenge

tempus vernum
01-25-2008, 04:22 AM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts)
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing is congregating there . Then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day" You still get points for maintenance.
Declutter - 15 mins/day (15 pts)
**modification to decluttering task --previously was 10 pts -- NOW IT'S 15 points for doing the 15 minutes of decluttering and 5 points per item you throw away or donate.
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes)
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points)
Quiet Time/Devotions Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family (150 points)

Challenge and bonus 1/25/8 CATCH up - add 50 points to each challenge and bonus you catch up on - extra catch up points ONLY good for today. This is THE ONLY bonus that you don't get to catch up on :) I am 90% sure no one is all the way caught up but if you think you are, have a cup of tea and take 100 points :mrgreen

tempus vernum
01-25-2008, 04:36 AM
hERE IS A POST OF my challengse/bonuses I haven't done :haha I am looking for the ones I need the most. . . . . and just wanted to paste them all in here so they are all here :shifty

Challenge 1/8/8 -- CLOSET TIME - spend 10 minutes in each closet straightening and decluttering (50 pts per closet)

1/12&13/8 BONUS #`1 -- have a family meeting to go over family calendar, problem solve any behavioral issues that have arisen or just review what’s going on this week. (50 points)

CHALLENGES/BONUSES
1/12&13/8 Weekend challenge 1 -- scrub bathroom - scrub, dust and wipe until your bathroom is sparkling - including mopping the floor (75 points)

Challenge 1/18/8 - PROCRASTINATION CHALLENGE look around your home - do you have a problem area you have that you have been ignoring FOR MORE THAN 2 WEEKS? I do. Spend 15 minutes starting on this area. Toss, organize, declutter, do what you have to do. (50 points)

Bonus 1/18/8 -- see our challenge today? Spend an additional 15 minutes working on the area until you are done -(50 points per additional 15 minute increment you spend working on your procrastination project or projects)

Challenge 1/21/8 - ponder the changes you have made due to the challenge(s) you have participated in. Consider what you need to focus on next. Feel free to PM or post if I can tailor challenges to your needs or post so we can discuss how to get there! (100 points)

Bonus 1/21/8 - journal about those changes and make several goals to get you to the homekeeper you want to be (100 points).
*If/ you want to online journal, we could have a separate thread in this forum and post if you want to share but sharing isn't necessary

1/23/8 Challenge - meal planning - plan meals, make grocery list - at least one week. (50 points per week planned)
Bonus - clean out refrigerator first -- use or freeze leftovers. quick wipe of shelves. (50 points)

joyful mama
01-25-2008, 07:55 AM
:tu

WI Mama05
01-25-2008, 08:02 AM
I just went through and searched for the ones I need to work on. Thanks!

Myrtle
01-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Bonus 1/21/8 - journal about those changes and make several goals to get you to the homekeeper you want to be (100 points). plus 50pts for today's challenge

I'm doing pretty good with the housekeeping part of things, and now I'd like to move into a homekeeper mentality. The house is in a more livable and relaxing/inviting state, and now I'd like to move into relaxing and inviting.
Goals: 1. Spend more time teaching my children to work with me in keeping the house nice, so they'll learn to do the things it takes, and also so they'll learn to be a part of the family and that every part contributes b/c we're in this family together.
2. Open my home to more guests/friends so that relationships will develop and grow btn my children and their friends, my husband and his friends, and myself and my friends.
3. Spend more time talking with God specifically about my home, my ministry here, my relationships here.
4. Learn to do more crafts (sewing, knitting, crochet, etc) to beautify my home and add more of my own touches to it. With so much of what we have here as hand-me-downs (nice, but not necessarily my "style"), I'd like to incorporate more of who "we" are into our home.
150pts

Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes)
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points)
Quiet Time/Devotions Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family (150 points)

485 total

WI Mama05
01-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Shiny sink (15 pts)
Laundry (15 pts)
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (45 points)
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points)

Total Daily for Friday: 235

Challenge and bonus 1/25/8 CATCH up - add 50 points to each challenge and bonus you catch up on - extra catch up points ONLY good for today. This is THE ONLY bonus that you don't get to catch up on :) I am 90% sure no one is all the way caught up but if you think you are, have a cup of tea and take 100 points :mrgreen

Okay, here goes:

1/21 Challenge:
Dust - 15 pts per room (playroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen and dining room 5 total) 75 pts
Vacuum/Mom (MBR, Girls' BR, hallways&stairs, living rm, kitchen, dining rm, bath 7 total) 105

180 + 50 BONUS = 230

1/24 Challenge:
Identify 6 decluttered areas that need a pick up and 10 pts for each area: girls' closet, MBR closet, girls' dolls, desk, playroom toys, dining room table. 60 pts + 50 BONUS = 110

That's all I was able to go back and do :phew I did a lot of other things today, but those were the challenges I was able to get to. This month was DEFINATELY challenging (I know there's still a few days left) but WOW the difference in the last few months! My house is almost managable :P~.

tempus vernum
01-27-2008, 04:40 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) 10 pts
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing is congregating there . Then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day" You still get points for maintenance.
Declutter - 15 mins/day (15 pts)
**modification to decluttering task --previously was 10 pts -- NOW IT'S 15 points for doing the 15 minutes of decluttering and 5 points per item you throw away or donate.
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) 5 pts
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) 5 pts
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) done x 2
Quiet Time/Devotions Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family (150 points) DONE

Points 180

joyful mama
01-28-2008, 12:33 PM
sorry just getting online time now... morning sickness is making things a bit difficult.

1/25:
hot spots 10 pts
laundry 5 pts
shiny sink 15 pts
2 15 mins pickups 30 pts
procrastination challenge- 15 minutes 50 + 50= 100 pts
decluttering 15 pts- 4 items - 20 pts
quiet time 150 pts
330 pts