PDA

View Full Version : I need help! I'm a killer!

krysmh
01-24-2008, 01:23 AM
My thumbs are any shade BUT green. I'm sooo bad with plants. I have three lucky bamboos that I've managed to keep alive, but everything else seems to be doomed as soon as I lay eyes on it. :yes2

Last year I bought an indoor plant that was not marked and I had no idea what it was. As soon as I got it home, it started dying. It died a slow, painful death. Slow for it, painful for me! I tried and tried to keep that thing alive, but it was doomed from day one. I looked up common house plants and I'm now pretty sure it was a ficus. Whatever it is, I finally threw it out last week because it was completely dead. :blush I loved it too. It was pretty and looked so perfect where I put it.

So I need your help. What kind of house plant is easy to grow, hard to kill? Doesn't need a ton of sunlight (there's a window near where it would be, but I don't open the blinds all that much - though I COULD, I'd just need to remind myself) and hopefully is kinda tree-looking with a little bit of height to it.

Any ideas?

canadiyank
01-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Cactus? :giggle

Are you wanting it on the floor (hence the tree-ishness and height)?

I have good luck with spiderplants in low-light conditions...they don't grow very quickly, but they don't die, either.

My folks have a gorgeous Christmas cactus by their window, it's not that prickly.

:think

krysmh
01-25-2008, 12:14 AM
:giggle We have an aloe vera plant outside. Those things are almost impossible to kill too.

Well, I have a big, pretty pot that is currently on a short plant stand. So not directly on the floor, but close enough that it looks better with something tall-ish. :)