PDA

View Full Version : is there a website for this? re: kitchen wall color

bostonsmama
01-23-2008, 03:24 PM
so we're renovating our kitchen. we knocked down a wall to extend the kitchen into the family room. all of our appliances are white, i want to paint the cabinets white. light wood floor, dark countertops. i need a wall color. it needs to flow with the rest of the house too...mostly earthy tones. i also need a backsplash tile(s) picked out. are there any sites to get examples? or anyone have any ideas? :think

mom2threegirls
01-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Do you mean a website to look at paint swatches and/or tile examples, that sort of thing? Or a website where you can look at different wall colors on your kitchen? I know one of the cabinet or tile manufacturers has a feature on their website (maybe armstrong, or kraftmaid? I can't remember which one it was) where you can design your kitchen and have it show the various finishes to see how they look with one another. Is that what you mean?

Or pictures of lots of kitchens to get ideas? HGTV.com is great for that!

You've probably seen the "color scheme" paint swatches at the store. That might be helpful to figure out a wall color- look at ones with similar colors to your other surfaces in your kitchen to get ideas for your wall.

:shrug I hope this helps somewhat! I'm mostly just rambling ;) :giggle.

rosesnsnails
01-23-2008, 05:21 PM
http://www.behr.com/behrx/workbook/