PDA

View Full Version : 1/18/8 SHINY home challenge

tempus vernum
01-17-2008, 02:58 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts)
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing is congregating there . Then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day" You still get points for maintenance.
Declutter - 15 mins/day (15 pts)
**modification to decluttering task --previously was 10 pts -- NOW IT'S 15 points for doing the 15 minutes of decluttering and 5 points per item you throw away or donate.
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) 15 points
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) 15 points
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) 20 points
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family 150

I am doing a repeat challenge - why? because I played catch up and did this completed the projectI spent quite awhile finishing up getting my christmas decorations in the attic. BUT I still have A MAJOR project that has been sitting in the corner of my room for months :blush.

Challenge 1/18/8 - PROCRASTINATION CHALLENGE look around your home - do you have a problem area you have that you have been ignoring FOR MORE THAN 2 WEEKS? I do. Spend 15 minutes starting on this area. Toss, organize, declutter, do what you have to do. (50 points)

Bonus 1/18/8 -- see our challenge today? Spend an additional 15 minutes working on the area until you are done -(50 points per additional 15 minute increment you spend working on your procrastination project or projects)

NOTE: if you have no procrastination projects, then take 200 points for being a domestic diva and sit down with a cup of tea while you pray for all of us trying to work up the energy to hit the procrastination project. :hiding

Extra point notification - post pictures - BEFORE and AFTER of your procrastination challenge - even if its you holding whatever you are doing. (100 points)

Mine is easy to take pictures of because I have a HUGE pile of outgrown kids clothes that I have to get put away in their bins. THe problem? I have to pull down bins from the attic to get it put away and I don't have enough bins so I have to go buy some AND I also want to move ALL my kids clothes to the basement cuz they were yellowing and I read it could be the temperature change. I made a small spot in the basement but it's a HUGE project. Enormous. SO ihave to make more room so... I probably won't actually finish tomorrow but sometime toward the end of the weekend :phew
SEe why I've been putting it off :shifty Just typing it out makes my head spin :bandhead

tempus vernum
01-17-2008, 03:00 PM
From Proverbs 31

10 [c] A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.

11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.

12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.

14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.

15 She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.

16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.

18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.

19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.

21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:

29 "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

31 Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

naturallia
01-17-2008, 03:25 PM
:popcorn

WI Mama05
01-17-2008, 08:51 PM
I have to pull down bins from the attic to get it put away and I don't have enough bins so I have to go buy some AND I also want to move ALL my kids clothes to the basement cuz they were yellowing and I read it could be the temperature change.

I just got some at Target tonight 50% off! :rockon They were Christmas ones, but they were clear and blue so :shrug. I got six with the intention of moving on to the basement and working with outgrown/too big clothes tomorrow! ;)

Rock ON! :rockon

joyful mama
01-18-2008, 07:14 AM
:tu

RiverRock
01-18-2008, 04:22 PM
:yes My procrastination area: :can

tempus vernum
01-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Challenge 1/9/8 -- sheet and blanket challenge - change your beds and wash the blankets/comforters on your beds. (25 points for each sheet change, 25 points for each blanket/comforter washed and back where it belongs.) DONE - 3 BEDS, 3 COMFORTERS 150

Bonus 1/9/8 -- pillow sham/bed skirt, extra blankets. Clean them. FOr example, i have a pile of blankets in my living room that we use each day during quiet time. Each child also has a lap blanket in the car. ANd we have extra blankets in each bedroom for extra chilly nights (25 points each - washed and back where it belongs) DONE 8 MORE BLANKETS :phew I didn't get their lap blankets cuz it's so so chilly 200

Challenge 1/10/8 Scrub your kitchen. Wipe down everything -- walls, appliances (outer door of dishwasher, stove, microwave and refrigerator), stove top. Dust fixtures, wipe counters carefully. start at the top left on each wall, cupboard, countertop) and work down and then to the right. Only scrub what's dirty so when you inspect a wall only wipe if its a mess. Sweep and mop and vaccuum. (150 points) DONE -- 150

Bonus 1/16/8 - dust all your light fixtures (if these have been done in the past week just take the points) 15 points per fixture. DONE 10 fixtures --150

Challenge 1/17/8 - spend 2 -15 minute increments in your pantry. Remove everything from a shelf (or two or three - however many you can finish in 2 - 15 minute sessions). Wipe shelf and put things back in order. (50 points PER 15 MINUTE increments - total 100 points) DONE - 15 minuts - 50 points

DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) 10 points
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing is congregating there . Then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day" You still get points for maintenance.
**modification to decluttering task --previously was 10 pts -- NOW IT'S 15 points for doing the 15 minutes of decluttering and 5 points per item you throw away or donate.
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) 15 points
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) 15 points
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) 30 points
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family

:phew quite the catch up day. I worked from morning to night but the house is sparkling. DH helped and now off to vaccuum and my house is ready for the weekend shining :woohoo

tempus vernum
01-18-2008, 06:07 PM
:hiding I forgot to hold off on the floors cuz it's tomorrow's challenge :giggle

Myrtle
01-19-2008, 07:42 AM
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) 15 points
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family 150

Challenge 1/18/8 - PROCRASTINATION CHALLENGE look around your home - do you have a problem area you have that you have been ignoring FOR MORE THAN 2 WEEKS? I do. Spend 15 minutes starting on this area. Toss, organize, declutter, do what you have to do. (50 points) cleaned under the bed

Jodi, I was tired after just reading your post! :phew :clap

RiverRock
01-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Shiny sink-15
Laundry-15
3-15 min. clean ups-15
declutter toy room-15 min and 15 items-90 pts.
quiet time-150
bed change and 1 blanket washed-75
serve children-100 (I wanted to serve each child individually so it took me a few days)

total: 460

joyful mama
01-21-2008, 07:34 AM
sorry, just updating now, busy weekend!

friday- hot spots 10 pts
shiny sink 15 pts
some laundry 5 pts
2 15 mins. clenaups 30 pts
quiet time 150 pts

thats it... 210 pts 1/18

WI Mama05
01-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Basement Before and After (west side):
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/siedlecki97/th_P1180251.jpg (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/siedlecki97/P1180251.jpg)
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/siedlecki97/th_P1180255.jpg (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/siedlecki97/P1180255.jpg)

this is a shelving unit I put up that contained *some* of the chaos :giggle oh, and those nice looking bins are new too!:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/siedlecki97/th_P1180257.jpg (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/siedlecki97/P1180257.jpg)

I won't post the east side :giggle it actually looks worse b/c I moved some big things over there to get rid of. The west side was where I really focused.

I spent 2.5 hrs down there :jawdrop on Friday and decluttered 104 items, mostly clothes :rockon.

Soooo....

Daily:
Laundry: some 5pts
Sink: some 5pts
Decluttering :smile done 15 pts + 520 = 535
Devotions: 150 pts :heart

Challenge:
50 pts

Bonus:
450 pts

Extra:
200 pts

1395 Total

tempus vernum
01-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Kim - wowza :clap :clap :clap :rockon

I *still* haven't started my 2nd procrastination project :hiding I just don't wanna :hissyfit

Garland
01-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Catching up on posting my points after not being online since dropping my laptop and breaking it :doh

Just been doing the daily stuff:
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts)
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink
Laundry (5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)
15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - just one)
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points)

Friday total = 210