PDA

View Full Version : Is the country look really outdated?

scottishthistle
01-17-2008, 07:46 AM
I love the country style but wondered if it is really dated>?

deena
01-17-2008, 07:49 AM
I think it is, but that's just my humble opinion. Plus, I live in an urban area in New England. It would be a lot easier to pull off fashionably... in the country. :mrgreen

OneSillyMommy
01-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Depends on what you mean by the country look. Please don't be offended if your home fits the following general description

I think the version that most people think of with floral prints, doilies and lace, using pink, seafoam green or baby blue colors, wallpaper with Laura Ashley prints is a bit past its prime. However I think country can be up to date, by using classic pieces- like antiques with a bit more nutral colors and more classic accents, iron, wood, even some of the shabby chic things to compliment your home. It helps if you house has good bones, or a country atmosphere.

mom2threegirls
01-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Nope, I don't think so. Although it depends on if you're going more 80's country :shifty or up to date country. I do a lot of country in my home but I'm going for a more tuscan, rustic, simplified look. I like it :shrug. I don't THINK it's dated but even if it was it's what I like so :shrug. There's a lot of ways to do country, I think it depends on how you're doing it :think.

The version OneSillyMommy talked about is definitely dated! :shifty