PDA

View Full Version : 1/14/8 Shiny home challenge

tempus vernum
01-14-2008, 12:07 AM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts)
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing is congregating there . Then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day" You still get points for maintenance.
Declutter - 15 mins/day (15 pts)
**modification to decluttering task --previously was 10 pts -- NOW IT'S 15 points for doing the 15 minutes of decluttering and 5 points per item you throw away or donate.
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes)
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points)
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family

Challenge 1/14/8 -- clean your computer keyboard, monitor, mouse. Dust, wipe and clean till it shines. Pretend you are selling it as you clean and get those areas you usually skip 50 POINTS

Bonus -- Share some bible verses that will encourage us in this challenge! (100 points passage -- I am going to start using them for encouragement when I post the challenges) :grin

naturallia
01-14-2008, 07:15 AM
How many points for the bonus? :grin

tempus vernum
01-14-2008, 08:10 AM
fixed and added why we're doing it.

joyful mama
01-14-2008, 08:25 AM
great challenge! I never clean my keyboard :shifty

WI Mama05
01-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Ecclesiastes 9:10 - Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might. ;)

tempus vernum
01-14-2008, 04:06 PM
tomorrows challenge is posted http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=153680.0

grest verses Kim. i'm excited cuz i am off bedrest and ready to go but i have to start slowly so. . .here i go . . .slowly that is ;)

tryin-to-FROG
01-14-2008, 07:18 PM
AAHH my mastitis is back so nothing done today- although I am going to still try for quiet time:)

joyful mama
01-14-2008, 08:57 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing is congregating there . Then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day" You still get points for maintenance.
**modification to decluttering task --previously was 10 pts -- NOW IT'S 15 points for doing the 15 minutes of decluttering and 5 points per item you throw away or donate.
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes)
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points)
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family

Challenge 1/14/8 -- clean your computer keyboard, monitor, mouse. Dust, wipe and clean till it shines. Pretend you are selling it as you clean and get those areas you usually skip 50 POINTS

Bonus -- Share some bible verses that will encourage us in this challenge! (100 points passage -- I am going to start using them for encouragement when I post the challenges) :grin

hot spots done- 10 pts
declutter 15 pts, plus 38 items in a donation box 190 pts
shiny sink 15 pts
laundry progress 5 pts
3 pickups 45 pts
quiet time 150 pts
challenge done! 50 pts (Dh said, what, is it clean your computer and electronics night on your mom's board challenge? :lol)
bonus 100 pts

I did a bible study on the Proverbs 31 woman, and I enjoyed it. this is one of my favorites...

Proverbs 31: 27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Total for today: 565 :)

lumpofclay
01-14-2008, 09:16 PM
From Proverbs 31

10 [c] A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.

11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.

12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.

14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.

15 She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.

16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.

18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.

19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.

21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:

29 "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

31 Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

lumpofclay
01-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Still too tired to format nice and pretty :O

295 for dailies (which includes decluttering 12 items :grin )
150 points for doing challenge & bonus

Total for 1/14: 445
Total for challenge 4630

WI Mama05
01-15-2008, 06:43 AM
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) 10 pts
**modification to decluttering task --previously was 10 pts -- NOW IT'S 15 points for doing the 15 minutes of decluttering and 5 points per item you throw away or donate. 15 pts PLUS 55 pts = 70 pts (3 towels, 3 washclothes, one mug, one pair of jeans and three toys = 11 * 5 = 55)
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) 15 pts
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) 15 pts
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) 45 pts (I cleaned ALL DAY :O)
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family 150 pts :heart I LOVE this one!

Daily Totals: 305

Challenge 1/14/8 -- clean your computer keyboard, monitor, mouse. Dust, wipe and clean till it shines. Pretend you are selling it as you clean and get those areas you usually skip 50 POINTS 50pts

Bonus -- Share some bible verses that will encourage us in this challenge! (100 points passage -- I am going to start using them for encouragement when I post the challenges) :grin 100 pts :rockon

Challenge Totals: 150

Previous Day's Totals: 4965
Yesterday's Totals: 455
Overall Total: 5420

Garland
01-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Declutter - 15 mins/day (15 pts) + threw away 3 items 15 pts
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink)
Laundry (5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)
15 minute pick ups (15 pts -one pick up)
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus
Challenge 1/14/8 -- clean your computer keyboard, monitor, mouse. Dust, wipe and clean till it shines. 50 POINTS

January 14th total = 275

Myrtle
01-15-2008, 09:58 AM
I love having Scripture with my work. I have some written on cards and posters around the house, in cabinets, on mirrors etc.

1 Corinthians 10:31
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Galatians 6:10
So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith. (reminds me of blessing my family with what I do around the house)

Titus 2:4-5
4and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

Psalm 77:12
I will ponder all your work,and meditate on your mighty deeds. (reminds me of the quiet time)

Proverbs 12:11
Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits lacks sense. (reminds me not to waste so much time on worthless things.)

Proverbs 16:3
Commit your work to the LORD,and your plans will be established

Myrtle
01-15-2008, 11:49 AM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) 10pts
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) 5pts
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) 5pts
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) 30pt
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family 150 pts

Bonus -- Share some bible verses that will encourage us in this challenge! (100 points passage -- I am going to start using them for encouragement when I post the challenges) :grin in previous post

is it 100 pts per passage?

200 pts for dailies and 100 or 600 for bonus

tempus vernum
01-15-2008, 04:35 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) 10
Declutter - 15 mins/day (15 pts) 15 -- tossed 10 items
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) 15 points
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) 15 points
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) 45 points
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family 150 points

Challenge 1/14/8 -- clean your computer keyboard, monitor, mouse. Dust, wipe and clean till it shines. Pretend you are selling it as you clean and get those areas you usually skip 50 POINTS - 50 points

Bonus -- Share some bible verses that will encourage us in this challenge! (100 points passage -- I am going to start using them for encouragement when I post the challenges) Um. . . well, . . . I like Prov 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. I remind myself that if we stay cheerful it helps the homemaking go better :grin

POINT TOTAL TODAY 450

tempus vernum
01-15-2008, 09:04 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) 10pts
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) 5pts
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) 5pts
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) 30pt
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family 150 pts

Bonus -- Share some bible verses that will encourage us in this challenge! (100 points passage -- I am going to start using them for encouragement when I post the challenges) :grin in previous post

is it 100 pts per passage?

200 pts for dailies and 100 or 600 for bonus

yes, 100 points per passage -- great verses :tu

RiverRock
01-15-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm getting my points caught up. I know I did laundry and had a shiny sink for 30. I also know that I didn't spend time in the Word because I was distracted by secular stuff :blush. Today will be different though. :yes

I have 2 favourite Bible verses:

"...faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." James 2:17b,c.
(This verse encourages me to continue doing what I know I should be doing)

"May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the Lord." Psalm 104:34

Not really a verse to quote, but I love the reference in Psalm 104 to the leviathan that God created to "frolic." It reminds me that God made and delights in all his creation. It is a reminder for me to just be silly and have fun sometimes. Sometimes we are to work, and other times we should feel blessed that we can frolic!
"...the leviathan, which you formed to frolic...." Psalm 104:26

Past challenges that I did:

washed 4 blankets (100)
Procrastination area..so far: 45 min.(150 pts)

Total: 480

naturallia
01-16-2008, 03:26 PM
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) 30....
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family 150...

Challenge 1/14/8 -- clean your computer keyboard, monitor, mouse. Dust, wipe and clean till it shines. Pretend you are selling it as you clean and get those areas you usually skip 50 POINTS Done...

Total- 230 pts...

Bonus -- Share some bible verses that will encourage us in this challenge! (100 points passage -- I am going to start using them for encouragement when I post the challenges)

Pro 10:4 Lazy people are soon poor; hard workers get rich.

Pro 12:24 Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and become a slave.

Pro 12:27 Lazy people don't even cook the game they catch, but the diligent make use of everything they find.

Pro 13:4 Lazy people want much but get little, but those who work hard will prosper and be satisfied.

Pro 20:13 If you love sleep, you will end in poverty. Keep your eyes open, and there will be plenty to eat!

1Th 4:11 This should be your ambition: to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we commanded you before.

600 pts plus 230 = 830 pts today.

tryin-to-FROG
01-17-2008, 06:04 PM

total 100 pts today

The Lord is faithful to all His promises and Loving toward all He has made. psalms 145:13