PDA

View Full Version : January 12 and 13, 2008 - weekend - Shiny Home challenge

tempus vernum
01-11-2008, 10:02 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts)
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing is congregating there . Then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day" You still get points for maintenance.
Declutter - 15 mins/day (15 pts)
**modification to decluttering task --previously was 10 pts -- NOW IT'S 15 points for doing the 15 minutes of decluttering and 5 points per item you throw away or donate.
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes)
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points)
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family

CHALLENGES/BONUSES
1/12&13/8 Weekend challenge 1 -- scrub bathroom - scrub, dust and wipe until your bathroom is sparkling - including mopping the floor (75 points)

1/12&13/8 Weekend challenge 2 -- Pamper your family (you, dh, and kids) – this can be all in one – make cookies or treat. Rent a video. Or do something special for each individual – a note, a card, a special treat, etc. You know your family so make it sweet! Remind yourself, you are doing this challenge for your family and for yourself! (200 pts)

1/12&13/8 BONUS #`1 -- have a family meeting to go over family calendar, problem solve any behavioral issues that have arisen or just review what’s going on this week. (50 points)

1/12&13/8 BONUS #`2 Share a success or something you are proud of in regards to your homekeeping ministry (50 points)

naturallia
01-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Subbing.

joyful mama
01-12-2008, 07:30 AM
:)

Myrtle
01-12-2008, 07:41 AM
well, I'll try to catch up on the bathroom later b/c we'll be gone all day. The rest I will definately want to make a point to do! You have great challenges/bonuses!

KatieMae
01-12-2008, 07:46 AM
subbing

ETA:
Actually I think I'm going to withdraw from the challenges for now, so go ahead & take me off the list Jodi.

lumpofclay
01-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Still working on dailies/challenges, but I wanted to share:

My biggest success in this challenge has been realizing that I can do just a little work (10 or 15 min worth at a time) and see a big difference in our home. FlyLady has been saying that "to me" for a long time, but it never sank in/seemed to be true. But what I needed was doing the little things several days in a row to see how it can add up! :idea

naturallia
01-13-2008, 05:09 PM
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) :rockon :rockon
Declutter - 15 mins/day (15 pts) My computer table looks GREAT!

two old printer cartidges- 10 pts
broken frame- 5 pts
pens that don't work... to be fair, I'll count them all as one thing I threw out- 5 pts.
all the old bills, scrap paper, etc... again, I'll count this as one item- 5 pts
old checkbook boxes- 5 pts (I'm not sure why I saved these in the first place)
plugs to things I don't have anymore- 5 pts.

Declutter total: 50 pts.
I only decluttered one day this weekend.

Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) :rockon Both days! :rockon
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) :rockon I'm even making my DH put his work clothes in the washer as soon as he gets home. :P~
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) :rockon :rockon :rockon (Three times total this weekend)
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family :rockon Both days! :rockon

CHALLENGES/BONUSES
1/12&13/8 Weekend challenge 1 -- scrub bathroom - scrub, dust and wipe until your bathroom is sparkling - including mopping the floor (75 points) :phew It sure needed it!

1/12&13/8 Weekend challenge 2 -- Pamper your family (you, dh, and kids) – this can be all in one – make cookies or treat. Rent a video. Or do something special for each individual – a note, a card, a special treat, etc. You know your family so make it sweet! Remind yourself, you are doing this challenge for your family and for yourself! (200 pts)

I made them all cookies.

1/12&13/8 BONUS #`1 -- have a family meeting to go over family calendar, problem solve any behavioral issues that have arisen or just review what’s going on this week. (50 points)

I realized we forgot to write down DS's doctor appts! :doh

1/12&13/8 BONUS #`2 Share a success or something you are proud of in regards to your homekeeping ministry (50 points)

My DH is starting to be happy to come home. He doesn't come home stressed out anymore because he doesn't have to do anything major except maybe take the trash out for me. He loves it he's able to come home and get right to playing with our son, rather than picking up my mess.

Challenge 1/10/8 Scrub your kitchen. Wipe down everything -- walls, appliances (outer door of dishwasher, stove, microwave and refrigerator), stove top. Dust fixtures, wipe counters carefully. start at the top left on each wall, cupboard, countertop) and work down and then to the right. Only scrub what's dirty so when you inspect a wall only wipe if its a mess. Sweep and mop and vaccuum. (150 points)

I finally got to this! I left the cupboards above the stove though, because I'm pregnant and I shouldn't be standing on things with my balance being off.

Challenge 1/7/8 - PROCRASTINATION CHALLENGE look around your home - do you have a problem area you have that you have been ignoring FOR MORE THAN 2 WEEKS? I do shifty. Spend 15 minutes starting on this area. Toss, organize, declutter, do what you have to do. (50 points)

I finally tackled getting the new baby's stuff ready.

Bonus 1/7/8 -- see our challenge today? Spend an additional 15 minutes working on the area until you are done -(50 points per additional 15 minute increment you spend working on your procrastination project or projects)

And then washed all the clothes and diapers for the new baby.... Not counting the running time of washer/dryer,I spent 45 minutes actively sorting, folding, and organizing. That makes 150 pts. I'm not done, but close...

EXTRA POINT ALERT Jan 5&6 – 250 points for family worship on the weekend. Pray, read the bible, practice a memory verse, sing a song. Do something to draw nearer to Jesus together as a team. Church DOESN’T count. Something for just your family or if you have guests in the house, you may include them! Doesn’t have to be long. Our family devotions take all of 15 minutes. We read a devotional, practice our memory verse and pray J

I got DH to discuss his point of view on a bible passage with me.

Total this weekend= 1465 Plus my running total 2635 pts.

Naturallia: Edited... it's really 4100 pts!

ElectricEarth
01-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Here are my points for the weekend:
1/12:
Hot spots - (10 pts)
Shiny sink (15 pts)
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (45 pts)

1/13:
Hot spots - (10 pts)
Some dishes (5 pts)
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family

Weekend challenge 1 -- scrub bathroom (75 pts)
Weekend challenge 2 -- Pamper your family (200 pts) Had a super yummy brunch and saw the Veggie Tales movie. Fun fun fun!

BONUS #`2 Share a success (50 pts)
I love that I am able to keep my house clean. Well, cleaner, I should say. I'm no longer in a panic or stressed out if someone is going to come over because the house is a mess. I can relax easier at night with DH. It's such a relief. And, seeing the success of these challenges in developing habits in my life has lead DH and I to create our own personal goals. It's so exciting!

TOTAL POINTS - 560

joyful mama
01-13-2008, 10:28 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts)
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing is congregating there . Then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day" You still get points for maintenance.
**modification to decluttering task --previously was 10 pts -- NOW IT'S 15 points for doing the 15 minutes of decluttering and 5 points per item you throw away or donate.
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes)
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points)

CHALLENGES/BONUSES
1/12&13/8 Weekend challenge 1 -- scrub bathroom - scrub, dust and wipe until your bathroom is sparkling - including mopping the floor (75 points)

hot spots 10 pts
some dishes 5 pts- only 1 left but I was too tired :O
some laundry- 5 pts
2 15 mins pickups - 30 pts
quiet time- 150 pts

bathroom- DONE! PLUS I stamped roses and stems on my vanity... it looks so pretty! I'll post a pic tomorrw. I finished it all tonight- 75 pts

bonus 1- done :). I posted a small calendar w/dinner plan and our schedule for the week :heart 50 pts

Today
hot spots 10 pts
shiny sink at last 15 pts
laundry- almost cuaght up! 5 pts
3 15 mins pickups 45 pts
decluttered kids room 15 pts
quiet time 150 pts
challenge #2 done- we went to see the Veggie Tales movie together :heart. It was cute 200 pts
bonus #2: I'm proud that I rarely go to bed with dishes now. Its so nice to wake up to a clean sink. With last month's challenge, I was relaly challenged to do laundry. I never really did much before, I let dh do a lot of it :O. We now rarely have more than 2 loads to wash, and hardly ever have a waiting basket to put away. That never happened before. With this month's challenge I really focused on getting Sandy to help with little things and get her own chores to complete :)

50 pts.

490 pts total.. weekend total = 815 :rockon

joyful mama
01-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Naturalia, I think you added your points at the end wrong...
Total this weekend= 1465 Plus my running total 2635 pts.

Naturallia: 2885 pts. don't mean to be nosy :O, but if you add your running total with your weekend total, shouldn't it be higher? :scratch

naturallia
01-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Argh, thanks! I'm LOUSY at math. Horrible, horrible at math and I can't touch my checkbook unless I've got my trusty calculator at my side. :shifty

naturallia
01-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Jen!!!! I missed the announcement! Congratulations!!!!!! :jump2

Garland
01-13-2008, 10:42 PM
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day 10 x 2 days = 20 pts
Declutter - 15 mins/day 15 pts x 2 days = 30 pts
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink x 2 = 30
Laundry 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)
2 -- 15 minute pick ups 30 pts
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points)

1/12&13/8 BONUS #`2 Share a success or something you are proud of in regards to your homekeeping ministry (50 points) - I am proud that even on the busy days, I am keeping up with the basic daily tasks which help the home run smoothly. My husband said it helps him to be less stressed and feel loved when he gets home to a nice looking home. He appreciates the cleaning and organizing I've been doing! :heart

Weekend total = 315

tempus vernum
01-14-2008, 12:03 AM

Me too HOORAY!!!!!!! :happytears :jump2

tempus vernum
01-14-2008, 12:11 AM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) Done both days - 20 pts
Declutter - 15 mins/day (15 pts) DONE one day - 15 points -- threw away 8 items -- 40 points - toal of 55 points this item
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) 20 points (15 tonight, 5 yesterday)
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) 90 points (45 each day)
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family DONE BOTH DAYS (300 points)

CHALLENGES/BONUSES

1/12&13/8 Weekend challenge 2 -- Pamper your family (you, dh, and kids) – this can be all in one – make cookies or treat. Rent a video. Or do something special for each individual – a note, a card, a special treat, etc. You know your family so make it sweet! Remind yourself, you are doing this challenge for your family and for yourself! (200 pts) Rented a video from blockbuster. Dh broght up the TV :heart DONEs

1/12&13/8 BONUS #`2 Share a success or something you are proud of in regards to your homekeeping ministry (50 points) I am feeling proud of how well our home held together during the past 4 weeks during my restricted times and now bedrest.

total - 735

Myrtle
01-14-2008, 06:19 AM
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) x2 days

**modification to decluttering task --previously was 10 pts -- NOW IT'S 15 points for doing the 15 minutes of decluttering and 5 points per item you throw away or donate. Decluttered my craft table that had become a resting ground for everything but crafts. Threw out 3 things. (30pts total)

Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) 15 pts for Sat and 5 pts for Sun
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) x2 days

3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) 2 on Sat and 1 on Sun

x2 days

dd and I stayed up late snuggling on the couch Friday night ~ how fun! Ds and I shared a special snack while dh took dd to the store with him, and I pampered dh, too, but that's noyb :)

1/12&13/8 BONUS #`1 -- have a family meeting to go over family calendar, problem solve any behavioral issues that have arisen or just review what’s going on this week. (50 points) did Sunday

I'm relaxing in the evenings with dh and the kids now, and they're eating it up. Before these challenges, I never gave myself permission to really relax b/c there was always *something* that needed to be done, and I felt bad for settling down when there was work to do. And I got frustrated with dh for relaxing when there was so much to do, too. Now, we all get to relax guilt-free b/c the day's work is done, even if *all* the work isn't. Big mindshift for me.

745 for the weekend

Myrtle
01-14-2008, 06:21 AM

Me too HOORAY!!!!!!! :happytears :jump2

Me three! WoooHooo!!!! :jump

tempus vernum
01-14-2008, 08:10 AM
subbing

ETA:
Actually I think I'm going to withdraw from the challenges for now, so go ahead & take me off the list Jodi.

I missed this :hugheart We will miss you :hugheart

joyful mama
01-14-2008, 08:19 AM
that's because I didn't make one :giggle. I did in the private forum, but I wasn't sure I was ready to make it public. Last night I felt like I was so I added a ticker :happytears. I kept looking at it over and over. I almost don't believe it, but I'm thankful and feeling very blessed.

joyful mama
01-14-2008, 08:24 AM
oh, I totally missed I'm supposed to add up things I'm donating. I'm just about to schedule the pickup, and I'll be working on it more today, so I'll add the weekend total and today's total up for that later :)

laura I giggle at the noyb part of your other post :lol

klpmommy
01-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Can I just say that it made me smile to read all of your successes? :heart

WI Mama05
01-14-2008, 01:00 PM
We were SO busy this weekend and out of the house that I didn't get many dailies done! :O
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) 5 pts for Saturday
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) 5 pts for Saturday
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family 150 pts for Saturday

Daily totals: 160!

CHALLENGES/BONUSES
1/12&13/8 Weekend challenge 1 -- scrub bathroom - scrub, dust and wipe until your bathroom is sparkling - including mopping the floor (75 points) Done! If I did both bathrooms, is it 150 or 75 pts?

1/12&13/8 Weekend challenge 2 -- Pamper your family (you, dh, and kids) – this can be all in one – make cookies or treat. Rent a video. Or do something special for each individual – a note, a card, a special treat, etc. You know your family so make it sweet! Remind yourself, you are doing this challenge for your family and for yourself! (200 pts) Done! I took DD2 shopping alone, DD1 went to gmas and DH and I watched a movie :jawdrop :giggle

1/12&13/8 BONUS #`1 -- have a family meeting to go over family calendar, problem solve any behavioral issues that have arisen or just review what’s going on this week. (50 points) Done!

1/12&13/8 BONUS #`2 Share a success or something you are proud of in regards to your homekeeping ministry (50 points) Well, my DH has come to realize that if my focus is off, it's usually because the house is clutterd and messy. :O He realized that the little changes I'm making are making big changes for him and the girls as well!

Okay, so my weekend total is: 160+375 = 535

tryin-to-FROG
01-14-2008, 07:16 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) done 20pts for 2 days
**modification to decluttering task --previously was 10 pts -- NOW IT'S 15 points for doing the 15 minutes of decluttering and 5 points per item you throw away or donate. 20 pts + 30 items decluttered=170pts
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) 20 pts
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)20pts
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) 45pts
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family 150 pts

CHALLENGES/BONUSES
1/12&13/8 Weekend challenge 1 -- scrub bathroom - scrub, dust and wipe until your bathroom is sparkling - including mopping the floor (75 points) dopne 75 pts

1/12&13/8 Weekend challenge 2 -- Pamper your family (you, dh, and kids) – this can be all in one – make cookies or treat. Rent a video. Or do something special for each individual – a note, a card, a special treat, etc. You know your family so make it sweet! Remind yourself, you are doing this challenge for your family and for yourself! (200 pts) done 200 pts

1/12&13/8 BONUS #`2 Share a success or something you are proud of in regards to your homekeeping ministry (50 points) I am impressed with how much stuff I have gotten rid of- when we left maine and moved to CA 2 years ago we had 2 large yard sales to get rid of stuff then didn't have enough room in our moving truck to fit it all so we left a bunch of stuff with our neighbors, then after moving here we have had 2 more yard sales and I am constantly bagging up more stuff to go- it has been really freeing and easier to clean 50pts

total 750 for the weekend

lumpofclay
01-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Ok, honestly, I'm too tired to type up my points all nicely formatted. So:

275 for Saturday dailies
50 for sharing a success
1000 for 5 hours working on my "procrastination project" (insane I know, but the office desks look great!)
175 for washing and putting away 7 blankets

1500 total for Saturday

105 for Sunday dailies
400 for cleaning out 8 closets
50 for family meeting

555 total for Sunday

Total for weekend: 2055
Total for challenge: 4185

RiverRock
01-15-2008, 09:20 AM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts)done both days
Declutter - 15 mins/day (15 pts)done, spent time in the office on the book shelf...tossed 6 mag. holders worth of mags...so I'll count it as 6 things
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes)shiny sink one day, some dishes on Sunday
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)caught up on Sat. some laundry on Sun. (noticing a trend???)
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) 4 pick-ups through weekend
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your familyboth days

CHALLENGES/BONUSES

1/12&13/8 Weekend challenge 2 -- Pamper your family (you, dh, and kids) – this can be all in one – make cookies or treat. Rent a video. Or do something special for each individual – a note, a card, a special treat, etc. You know your family so make it sweet! Remind yourself, you are doing this challenge for your family and for yourself! (200 pts)We had family night with homemade pizza and watched High School Musical

1/12&13/8 BONUS #`2 Share a success or something you are proud of in regards to your homekeeping ministry (50 points)I'm not pracrastinating about after dinner dishes anymore which makes me a more relaxed mama in the evening. My 4 yo dd is getting many more begtime stories because I don't have the counter full of dirty dishes and dinner tidy-up yet to be done at the back of my mind

Weekend total:715