PDA

View Full Version : January Messies Challenge #11

klpmommy
01-11-2008, 06:16 AM
daily tasks:
dishes 10 pts
2 hotspots 10 pts
laundry 15 pts completed load, 3 pts for each part (wash, dry, fold, put away)
decluttering 5 pts for each 5 items
read your Bible (to yourself or your kiddos) 5 pts

today's challenge:
front & sides of fridge 25 pts
spend 10 minutes in the kitchen doing whatever you need to for it to shine. I know my floor could use a remop already, but shine your sink, reclean your countertops 50 pts (cannot be doubled)

today's bonus:
share a success or something you are proud about this week in regards to your house 50 pts

I'll be back to update points

inesperada
01-11-2008, 08:35 AM
dishes - 10 pts
Bible - 5 pts

front & side of fridge - 25 pts
10 minutes in kitchen - 50 pts

today's bonus:
share a success or something you are proud about this week in regards to your house 50 pts:

The fridge. I am so tickled every time I open it and see almost nothing in it. And the fact that there isn't a pile of garbled junk on the top anymore. :heart

Total so far - 140 pts

kwisie
01-11-2008, 09:31 AM
today's bonus:
share a success or something you are proud about this week in regards to your house 50 pts

(DH Todd Speaking)
I am so proud of everything that has happened in the messy challenge. When Karen began feverishly cleaning to get points we laughed a little bit, but now we are all getting involved. It has encouraged and motivated us to keep a clean house.
I hope it is going as well at everybody else's house. Keep the challenges coming...not to fast because we still need to catch up on yesterday :)

ETA - :O I left this open to remind me of what I need to do today. DH is working from home and decided he needed to put in a good word for me. He was very proud of earning 50 points, too. :cool :giggle

klpmommy
01-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Liz & Karen :woohoo :hug

tazmom
01-11-2008, 11:03 AM

I've only been doing this for a few days, but it has given me the motivation to tackle a couple of areas that have been neglected terribly. Okay, my whole house has been neglected terribly. :blush The top of my dryer is cleared off except a pile of stuff to give back to people. (It's been months since I've been able to see the knobs without moving stuff out of the way.) And my kitchen table is usable again. There is only one small pile left on the side. The last time we were able to use the table to eat at was Easter, I think. :jawdrop I know not every week will be like this, but I'm hoping I can at least keep it up.

klpmommy
01-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Michelle- :highfive

I usually have to move stuff off my dryer, too, to find the knobs.

I wasn't sure what I was most proud of until I had a friend over for lunch. I made her look inside my sparkly microwave. :giggle :O It hasn't been this clean since new. :) -- 50 pts

dishes 10 pts
laundry 27 pts
declutter 5 pts
front & side of fridge 25 (ok, I did it yesterday!)
Bible 5
10 min in the kitchen- 50

total:172

Living My Dream
01-11-2008, 01:26 PM
daily tasks:
dishes: 10
2 hotspots: 10
laundry: 3 fold
decluttering: 7 things
read your Bible: .............

today's challenge:
front & sides of fridge: ......................
10 minutes in the kitchen: 50

today's bonus:
share a success or something: I have felt like this week has been a turning week for me. I have actually managed to do abit of housework each day. this is a big thing as I've been so ill. It's great to think that i can take the babysteps. I am actually quite proud of myself. Thank-you for doing this: 50

TOTAL: 130
TIME: 8:25pm

Meli
01-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Subbing[quote=klpmommy ]
daily tasks:
dishes 10
2 hotspots 10 pts 10
laundry 15 pts completed load, 3 pts for each part (wash, dry, fold, put away) 15
decluttering 5 pts for each 5 items 50
read your Bible (to yourself or your kiddos) 5 pts 5

today's challenge:
front & sides of fridge 25 pts 25
spend 10 minutes in the kitchen doing whatever you need to for it to shine. I know my floor could use a remop already, but shine your sink, reclean your countertops 50 pts (cannot be doubled) 50

today's bonus:
share a success or something you are proud about this week in regards to your house 50 pts - My house is looking better than it has in years - honestly, there are things that haven't been done since my MIL came and cleaned when Imogen was born (now 19 months!). Best of all, my hypo-immune husband will come home in a few weeks to a house that is cleaner and more germ free than ever before! - 50

I went back to challenge #9 and finished off that - do I count points, or does it have to be done on the day to count? If I can count them:
Microwave - 20
Stove - 50 (and yes, I did take off all the rings and clean them!)
Bathroom maintainance - 30
#9 Total 100 more points

#11 Total - 215

klpmommy
01-11-2008, 04:23 PM
you can count them. :hug

kwisie
01-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Alrighty, here are my points for today:

Dishes - 10
1 Hotspot - 5
Laundry - 12