PDA

View Full Version : EWW! Look what I discovered in my toilet tank!

Cheyenne
01-09-2008, 04:53 PM
All this summer we really struggled with an ant problem. No matter how clean I kept my house, they were constantly coming. Mostly in my bathrooms and laundry room, but sometimes all over my hardwood floors. It felt like a plague. :sick Oddly enough, they were seldom in my kitchen and never in my pantry. :shrug

Well, they are still here to some degree, but greatly decreased so I thought. This afternoon, my five yr old dd climbed up on the back of the toilet and was dancing around. (I promptly had her get down) It turned out to be a good thing, because if she hadn't I might not have discovered the major ant infestation in my tank. The ants started pouring out after she jostled the lid and when I saw them, I took the lid off and almost dropped the lid. :jawdrop

I sprayed the ants immediately, and had to clean the lid out because they were inside the lid of the tank too.

I have pictures too. :)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/CheyenneGCM/100_2775.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/CheyenneGCM/100_2773.jpg

LadybugSam
01-09-2008, 04:55 PM
:jawdrop :shiver

TuneMyHeart
01-09-2008, 04:56 PM
:jawdrop :sick

I don't like ants. I hope they're gone for good for you!

loveberry
01-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Wow that's so gross. I might have nightmares even.

My kitchen sink looks like that in the summer if I leave the drains uncovered. The ants just want water.

EW!

ShangriLewis
01-09-2008, 05:22 PM
I've never seen that happen in a toilet. How odd.

Aisling
01-09-2008, 05:24 PM
:shiver Man, those ants must be thirsty! Has it rained much where you live? That would have squigged me out, too. :hugheart

Cheyenne
01-09-2008, 06:36 PM
We hadn't had much rain at all until last week, so maybe they haven't heard about the new rainfall yet. :giggle

crunchymum
01-09-2008, 06:40 PM
ew ew ew! we used to have those tiny tiny ants everywhere in our first apt... :yuck we would pour a bowl of cereal and not see them until they were floating in the milk... :sick

klpmommy
01-09-2008, 06:42 PM
blech.. I like creepy crawlies, but def on their own turf & not mine!!! Esp things like ants.

I am glad you found the source of the problem. :hug

Myrtle
01-10-2008, 06:49 AM
we've had ants in the kitchen before, and while I don't encourage them to come in and set up camp, they don't usually bother me. Ants dipped in toilet water, however, are another matter entirely. :sick :shifty

Blue Savannah
01-10-2008, 07:52 AM
ewww! :hug2

tazmom
01-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Ewwww! We've had ant problems in the bathroom for years. The little tiny ants you can barely see. There was never more than 10 or so at any given time, but they would NOT go away. When dh had to redo the shower last month he found an entire colony living in the drywall behind the shower surround. Tunnels like an ant farm and millions of ants living in the drywall! Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

Cheyenne
01-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Yuck! I don't even want to think about ants being in my walls. :sick Though after all the problems we have had this year with ants, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Yuliana
01-10-2008, 10:07 AM
ewwwwwwwwww

krysmh
01-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Ewwwe, I hate ants. We get fire ants here, but thankfully they stay OUTside.

One apartment we had though, had a ton of the little sugar ants and some kind of black ants. The only way we got rid of them was by using those little Terro ant baits. Worked like a charm.