PDA

View Full Version : January 9, 2008 SHINY HOME challenge

tempus vernum
01-08-2008, 11:17 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts)
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing is congregating there :clap :clap. Then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day" You still get points for maintenance. :)
Declutter - 15 mins/day (10 pts)
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes)
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points)
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family

Challenge 1/9/8 -- sheet and blanket challenge - change your beds and wash the blankets/comforters on your beds. (25 points for each sheet change, 25 points for each blanket/comforter washed and back where it belongs.)

Bonus 1/9/8 -- pillow sham/bed skirt, extra blankets. Clean them. FOr example, i have a pile of blankets in my living room that we use each day during quiet time. Each child also has a lap blanket in the car. ANd we have extra blankets in each bedroom for extra chilly nights (25 points each - washed and back where it belongs)

Points updated 1/9 8:11 CST :) If you have any questions or mistakes I made, let me know :)

Rstump: 1075 (points only from 1/3 & 1/4)
KatIsSavedByGrace: 115 (pts only from 1/3)
FROGmomma: 2500 (pts from 1/3, 1/4, 1/5&6, 1/7)
lumpofclay: 1580 (pts from 1/3, 1/4, 1/5&6, 1/7)
PlayfulMommy: 1775 (pts from 1/3, 1/4, 1/5&6, 1/7, 1/8)
lksparks: 3050 (pts from 1/3, 1/4, 1/5&6, 1/7, 1/8)
WIMama05: 2465 (pts from 1/3, 1/4, 1/5&6, 1/7, 1/8)
MommaCat: 1900 (pts from 1/3, 1/4, 1/5&6, 1/7, 1/8)
jujubnme: 160 (pts from 1/3)
purstrength: 365 (pts from 1/3, 1/4)
naturalia: 1525 (pts from 1/3, 1/4, 1/5&6, 1/7, 1/8)
joyfulmama: 1620 (pts from 1/3, 1/4, 1/5&6, 1/7, 1/8)
ElectricEarth: 1165 (pts from 1/3, 1/4, 1/5&6, 1/7)
KatieMae: 735 (pts from 1/7, 1/8)
SonshineMama 1830 (pts from 1/3, 1/4, and 1/5&6)

made4more
01-09-2008, 02:24 AM
I've never read any of the challenges before, because I just kindof do my own thing, but I think it's neat that you've made the most points for time w/ God. That IS the most important huh? :yes :heart

btw- can I join? what do I do? do I check in every day or what?

KatieMae
01-09-2008, 05:16 AM
I've never read any of the challenges before, because I just kindof do my own thing, but I think it's neat that you've made the most points for time w/ God. That IS the most important huh? :yes :heart

btw- can I join? what do I do? do I check in every day or what?

Anybody can join! Just check to see what each day's challenge & bonus are, then post at the end of the day with the points total for what you've done (don't forget that list of "Daily's" too!) You can also catch up by doing previous days' challenges & bonuses - I just started with this group on Monday so I caught up on some of last week's challenges to get my points total a little higher ;)

monkeylicious
01-09-2008, 06:10 AM
Anybody can join!

:raise me! me! hoping this will get me a bit more motivated! :gcm

KatieMae
01-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Anybody can join!

:raise me! me! hoping this will get me a bit more motivated! :gcm

It definitely is motivating :yes And it's fun to know that you have friends on here who are doing the same work at the same time. By midday you know we'll all have loads & loads of blankets and sheets being cleaned & dried and we'll all sleep in freshly made beds tonight. And a lot of us - me included - have written that our husbands really are noticing the efforts we're making to keep our homes shiny. And who doesn't love a compliment from her DH?!

tempus vernum
01-09-2008, 06:56 AM
bump posted hot spot clarification.
ANd :welcome if you are just joining us :) :) Just so you know, you can go backwards and catch up on challenges/bonuses but dailies cannot be caught up on.

Please bring it to my attention so that I know about the points :) Or if you need help finding the posts let me know - we are not the messies but we didn't have a name until the past few days :)

WI Mama05
01-09-2008, 07:32 AM
:cool subbing. Hoping I can get home by lunch and get something done today! :O

RiverRock
01-09-2008, 09:10 AM
I've had a printout of the challenges on my counter the last couple of days. Here is what I have done so far:

Yesterday dailies:
declutter (10)
shiny sink(15)
laundry (15)
15 min pic-ups x2 (30)
quite time/devotion (150)

Bonus and challenges I have done over the last few days:
weekly meal plan and shopping list (50)
family worship (250) This one was wonderful!!!
spend 15 min. doing something you want to do (100)
Help children with a chore (100)
quick wipe of bathrooms x 2 (50)
vaccuum floors x 14 (210)
dust house x 2 (30)

I've *starred* the things on my list I need to do still, but at least I can be on the points board and will try to check in daily now.
I probably won't wash bedding today since I have a mountain of clothes to get to first. Great challenge though...I'll add it to my list.

Total points: 1020 :clap

made4more
01-09-2008, 04:59 PM
what are the points for? and how do we know what dailies are? *there's no such thing as a stupid question right? or is that just something my 3rd grade teacher told me to make me feel better? :giggle *

KatieMae
01-09-2008, 06:57 PM
what are the points for? and how do we know what dailies are? *there's no such thing as a stupid question right? or is that just something my 3rd grade teacher told me to make me feel better? :giggle *

Points are for motivation, I don't know if there will be prizes for the top finishers again (Jodi?)
All the tasks are listed on the 1st post of each day's thread & it's fairly straightforward. I asked about the Hot spots & Decluttering yesterday, so for clarification on those, go back & read the Jan 8th Shiny Home Challenge, 2nd page I think. :smile

DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) - 10pts
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) - 5 pts - Looked great all day until I made a fancy dinner & the dishes won't all fit in my dishwasher!
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) - 15 pts
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) - 45pts

Challenge 1/9/8 -- sheet and blanket challenge - change your beds and wash the blankets/comforters on your beds. (25 points for each sheet change, 25 points for each blanket/comforter washed and back where it belongs. x8 = 200 pts

Bonus 1/9/8 -- pillow sham/bed skirt, extra blankets. (25 points each - washed and back where it belongs) - Wish I could have done more, but one set of bed skirt & shams = 25 pts

Challenge 1/8/8 - Did another closet - 50pts

Today's total: 350pts

WI Mama05
01-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Declutter - 15 mins/day (10 pts) - 10 pts today
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) - 15 pts today
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) - 15 pts today
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) - 45 pts today
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family - 150 pts today

Total Dailies today: 235

We had yet another day gone most of the day :/ I'm really not liking it and we have to be gone tomorrow for a good part of the day :/.

Anyway, I did get to Target and got the organizer I wanted :rockon DDs and I spent the 2 hours before dinner organizing the babies (I have pics I will post once they are loaded!). DH came home early tonight and saw it and said "It looks really good, you must've spent all DAY on it! :giggle

SOOOOO.....I didn't get today's challenges done (maybe Friday when I'm home all day :O) BUT I'm counting the challenge from 1/7/8bonus - 2 hours at 50 pts/15 min = 200 points :rockon

I got the rest of my chores done while dinner was cooking, the girls were eating and during their bath! Trying to stay afloat here!!!!

Myrtle
01-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Bonus 1/8/8 -- Serve your children. In our home, we call it grace or service. My kids have a chore list and sometimes I surprise them by doing it and giving them a hug. But if your kids don't have chores, do something you don't normally do for them -play a board gave they beg for that you can't stand, bake their favorite treat, take them for hot cocoa, etc (100 points). done today~ we sat together and watched a movie :heart

DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) done

Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) done
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) done
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) did 2 today
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family yes

320 today
3370 total

made4more
01-09-2008, 09:09 PM
ok, I'll start tomorrow, but I'm not going to catch up w/ the last ones.

naturallia
01-10-2008, 12:02 AM
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) Check!

3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) Check!

Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family Check!

205 pts plus 1525...

Naturallia: 1730 pts.

Challenge 1/9/8 -- sheet and blanket challenge - change your beds and wash the blankets/comforters on your beds. (25 points for each sheet change, 25 points for each blanket/comforter washed and back where it belongs.)- I'll do this tomorrow, I need to prep the bed for my homebirth anyways....

Bonus 1/9/8 -- pillow sham/bed skirt, extra blankets. Clean them. FOr example, i have a pile of blankets in my living room that we use each day during quiet time. Each child also has a lap blanket in the car. ANd we have extra blankets in each bedroom for extra chilly nights (25 points each - washed and back where it belongs)

Garland
01-10-2008, 12:14 AM
DAILY STUFF
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing is congregating there . Then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day" You still get points for maintenance.
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink)
Laundry (15 pts for caught up
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up -just one today
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family

Challenge 1/9/8 -- sheet and blanket challenge - change your beds and wash the blankets/comforters on your beds. (50 points for changing both of the boys' sheets_

Today's total = 265

monkeylicious
01-10-2008, 05:35 AM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts)20pts
Declutter - 15 mins/day (10 pts)10pts
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes)15pts
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)15pts
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) 15 pts
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family150

Challenge 1/9/8 -- sheet and blanket challenge - change your beds and wash the blankets/comforters on your beds. (25 points for each sheet change, 25 points for each blanket/comforter washed and back where it belongs.)75 pts

150 pts300 pts
and a question... does my quiet time immediately before bed count as quiet time/devotions?

WI Mama05
01-10-2008, 07:22 AM
Declutter - 15 mins/day (10 pts) - 10 pts today
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) - 15 pts today
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) - 15 pts today
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) - 45 pts today
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family - 150 pts today

Total Dailies today: 235

We had yet another day gone most of the day :/ I'm really not liking it and we have to be gone tomorrow for a good part of the day :/.

Anyway, I did get to Target and got the organizer I wanted :rockon DDs and I spent the 2 hours before dinner organizing the babies (I have pics I will post once they are loaded!). DH came home early tonight and saw it and said "It looks really good, you must've spent all DAY on it! :giggle

SOOOOO.....I didn't get today's challenges done (maybe Friday when I'm home all day :O) BUT I'm counting the challenge from 1/7/8bonus - 2 hours at 50 pts/15 min = 200 points :rockon

I got the rest of my chores done while dinner was cooking, the girls were eating and during their bath! Trying to stay afloat here!!!!

Here are the pics. Sorry - it took me 3 hrs to load 15 pictures last night. I went to bed before posting them!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/siedlecki97/P1090168.jpg

I know it still looks cluttered, but it's b/c DD won't let me pry those stuffed animals from her hands! :giggle Seriously though, they are all PUT AWAY which is HUGE!!! There are usually dolls in every room on both floors of the house!

tempus vernum
01-10-2008, 09:17 AM
today's challenge is post - sorry it's late http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=152956.0'

Kim, it looks great :clap :rock on. It's about as organized as i can ever get our toys :shrug and I just live with it :giggle

and a question... does my quiet time immediately before bed count as quiet time/devotions?[/color]

Absolutely, ANY time spent with Jesus counts. Morning, noon or night! :heart :heart

tempus vernum
01-10-2008, 09:20 AM
DAILY STUFF
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing is congregating there . Then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day" You still get points for maintenance.
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) 15 points
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) 15 points
3 -- 15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up - maximum of 45 points) 45 points
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family 150

Challenge 1/9/8 -- sheet and blanket challenge - change your beds and wash the blankets/comforters on your beds. (25 points for each sheet change, 25 points for each blanket/comforter washed and back where it belongs.)

tryin-to-FROG
01-10-2008, 10:26 AM
ok getting caught up
Challenge 1/8/8 -- CLOSET TIME - spend 10 minutes in each closet straightening and decluttering (50 pts per closet) 2 closets done 100 pts

Bonus 1/8/8 -- Serve your children. In our home, we call it grace or service. My kids have a chore list and sometimes I surprise them by doing it and giving them a hug. But if your kids don't have chores, do something you don't normally do for them -play a board gave they beg for that you can't stand, bake their favorite treat, take them for hot cocoa, etc (100 points). Doing today 100 pts

[quote=SonshineMama ]
DAILY STUFF

Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) done! 15 pts
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) 5 pts

Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family done 150 pts

Challenge 1/9/8 -- sheet and blanket challenge - change your beds and wash the blankets/comforters on your beds. (25 points for each sheet change, 25 points for each blanket/comforter washed and back where it belongs.) 5 blankets washed 125 pts

TOTAL 495:)

lumpofclay
01-10-2008, 10:10 PM
DAILY STUFF
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) -- done (15)
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)

Challenge 1/9/8 -- sheet and blanket challenge - change your beds and wash the blankets/comforters on your beds. (25 points for each sheet change, 25 points for each blanket/comforter washed and back where it belongs.) -- done (50)

total: 65

joyful mama
01-11-2008, 07:24 AM
DAILY STUFF
HOT SPOT CLARIFICATION -- if you get your hot spots to the point of nothing is congregating there :clap :clap. Then the job changes to "check hot spots,two times of day" You still get points for maintenance. :)
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes)

sorry I haven't updated until now

hot spots DONE 10 pts
shiny sink DONE 15 pts
laundry progress 5 pts
3 pickups - 2 done 30 pts
quiet time- made it to daily mass :) 150 pts

total for 1/9= 210

tempus vernum
01-11-2008, 07:26 AM
that's okay Jen - got it!