PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence re: probiotic?

Psyche
01-07-2008, 08:17 PM
I started giving DS a probiotic to use it up (I've stopped). I was giving it to him at night in some applesauce since I had to give him his singulair at that time too. Well, he started waking up really early, like 5:30 or 6 and wanting to be up. I made the correlation after several days and decided to see what happened when I didn't give it to him for several nights. He started sleeping in until 7am or later! :jawdrop Any thoughts on why that might be?

The last couple nights (its been over a week now since I stopped the probiotics), he has waken up in the middle of the night though, which hasn't happened in some weeks.

I'm thinking of giving him the probiotics again though, it really seemed to help regulate his poos. Maybe in the morning?

cobluegirl
01-07-2008, 08:20 PM
is there anything else in the probiotics? my first reaction is to think that there couldn't be a connection but that would be rather ignorant of me.

rosesnsnails
01-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Singulair gives me insomnia, so I take it in the morning. Probiotics haven't really affected my sleep as far as I can tell. Have you been giving him the Singulair long? Maybe it is the combination or I wonder if the probiotics are causing him to poo early and thus waking him up? :shrug

Psyche
01-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Actually he started sleeping SO much better on the singulair thats why it was odd when he started waking up early when he started the probiotics. Silica and maltodextrin are in the probiotic powder.

He wasn't pooing any early, just not as often and they were more formed (not constipated), normal people poo, I guess.

I was wondering if it was speeding up digestion or something, making him hungrier.