PDA

View Full Version : January 4th-- homekeeping challenge #2 -- NAME IN PROGRESS!

tempus vernum
01-03-2008, 03:25 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts)
Declutter - 15 mins/day (10 pts)
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes)
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)

TWO NEW DAILY TASKS
15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up)
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family

Challenge #2 -- Take good care of yourself -- spend 15 minutes doing something YOU want to do. (100 points)
Bonus #2 -- help your children with a chore - if your children are too young, just talk to them as you work and explain what you are doing and why. It's NEVER to young to bring them into your ministry to your home. Savana has been emptying the dishwasher since she could walk over to it :) (100 points)

Extra bonus #2 -- 15 minutes in your storage area (attic, basement, closet) -- declutter, reorganize, toss trash, etc. (50 points per 15 minutes)

DON'T FORGET TOTAL YOUR OWN POINTS! I'll add points later :)

PARTICIPANTS
rstump/Renee 580
PlayfulMommy/Sheryl 220
SonshineMama/Jodi 420
ElectricEarth/Terra 120
KatIsSavedByGrace/Kat 115
lumpofclay/Jessica 300
WI Mama 05/Kim 545
MommaCat 200
jujubnme/Andrea 160
naturallia/Trishia 145
Blue Savannah
FROGmama/Lorene 510
lsparks00/Laura 585
RiverRock/Jessica
purstrength/Kat 125
joyful mama/Jen 280

Myrtle
01-03-2008, 05:55 PM
When I first read 2 new daily tasks, I thought "oh no!" But when I read the second one, I thought that was awesome! :heart Thanks for reminding us to keep priorities straight.

rstump
01-03-2008, 05:56 PM
LOL...I did the same thing....I thought.....HEY....I thought we said NO MORE daily...then i actually READ them! :clap THANKS :kiss

tempus vernum
01-03-2008, 07:48 PM
LOL...I did the same thing....I thought.....HEY....I thought we said NO MORE daily...then i actually READ them! :clap THANKS :kiss

:kiss I am not adding anymore but I really think the 15 min pick ups are such an important and powerful tool :)

ANd devotions - keeping our focus on him and NOT our house. Notice, you get 100 pts (more than all the dailies combined) :grouphug

tryin-to-FROG
01-03-2008, 08:50 PM
I had actually been thinking about this last month I am sooo glad you added it this month! I think it should be a preminant addition every month! Just posted my updated points on the other day:) so when do we vote for names?

tempus vernum
01-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Tomorrow morning I am going to make a post with all the names (I have started compiling it in word. Waiting till past midnight to make sure everyone gets a chance to contribute :D )

I personally would like to see all the daily stuff maintain itself :tu . I like the current dailies (although I don't manage to declutter every day) :D

tempus vernum
01-03-2008, 09:37 PM
:poke points totalled IF you totalled them in the other thread :poke :crazy

WI Mama05
01-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Woo Hoo!!!! I have a spa appt tomorrow (from an old GC I got last year) and I'm SO EXCITED that it's one of the challenges!!!! :rockon

I'll have to see how much I get done in the morning b/c my afternoon is SHOT (well, not really - I just won't be home is all ;) I'll be getting Pamp-ered!!!!!)

purstrength
01-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Kim, that sounds wonderful! :)

Jodi, I love the new addition too! :heart

naturallia
01-03-2008, 10:52 PM
My name is Tishia, not Trishia ;)

tempus vernum
01-03-2008, 11:02 PM
:O All this time I have been reading your name wrong :O I can tell you don't mind but it really freaked me out :hunh\

Off to update the list

joyful mama
01-03-2008, 11:41 PM
:whistle Have I told you lately that I love you... :giggle

Jodi you're awesome!

Kim I'm jealous!! I'm going to the gym tomorrow, I hope. I feel so GOOD when I do.

tempus vernum
01-04-2008, 12:04 AM
:whistle Have I told you lately that I love you... :giggle

Jodi you're awesome!

:heart You know I love you so. . . . . . . :heart I'm glad we lured you in :giggle :giggle

Myrtle
01-04-2008, 07:00 AM
I fixed my points in the Jan 3rd thread. :yes

RiverRock
01-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Yesterday was a shopping and errands day, the day before was a family gathering so....today is my stay at home and catch up day! I printed off the list of challenges and will incorporate them into my home blessing day! :heart I love the new dailies, too! :yes

tempus vernum
01-04-2008, 03:31 PM
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=152030.0
\
Hope I didn't put too many bonuses and challenges. some are fun so . . . .

Enjoy :heart

tempus vernum
01-04-2008, 03:33 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) done
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) done
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) done

TWO NEW DAILY TASKS
15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up) DONE - 2 times
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family - DONE

Challenge #2 -- Take good care of yourself -- spend 15 minutes doing something YOU want to do. (100 points) -- DONE
Bonus #2 -- help your children with a chore - if your children are too young, just talk to them as you work and explain what you are doing and why. It's NEVER to young to bring them into your ministry to your home. Savana has been emptying the dishwasher since she could walk over to it :) (100 points) - DONE

Extra bonus #2 -- 15 minutes in your storage area (attic, basement, closet) -- declutter, reorganize, toss trash, etc. (50 points per 15 minutes)
45 minutes - 150 points -

Edited to add points 570

ElectricEarth
01-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Here's today's completed tasks:

Empty shiny sink (15 pts)
Some laundry (5 pts)
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 pts)

Challenge #2 -- Watched a movie with DH. (100 pts)
Bonus #2 -- DS#1 helped me wash mirrors (100 pts)

GRAND TOTAL: 370 points

Six Little Feet
01-04-2008, 06:06 PM
DAILY STUFF
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) 15 points
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up)

TWO NEW DAILY TASKS
15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up) 4=60 points
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family 150 points

Challenge #2 -- Take good care of yourself -- spend 15 minutes doing something YOU want to do. (100 points) Did my nails 100 points
Bonus #2 -- help your children with a chore - if your children are too young, just talk to them as you work and explain what you are doing and why. It's NEVER to young to bring them into your ministry to your home. Savana has been emptying the dishwasher since she could walk over to it happy smile (100 points) 100 points

My total 425 if my math is right

WI Mama05
01-04-2008, 08:05 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) done is it 10 or 20 pts for doing it two times a day?
Declutter - 15 mins/day (10 pts) done = 15 pts
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) Done - 15 pts
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) Done - 15 pts

TWO NEW DAILY TASKS
15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up) 1 hour = 15X4 = 60 pts
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family Done - 150 pts

Challenge #2 -- Take good care of yourself -- spend 15 minutes doing something YOU want to do. (100 points) Done - 100 pts!
Bonus #2 -- help your children with a chore - if your children are too young, just talk to them as you work and explain what you are doing and why. It's NEVER to young to bring them into your ministry to your home. Savana has been emptying the dishwasher since she could walk over to it :) (100 points) Done - 100 pts (we are working on DD wiping the bathroom sink out after brushing teeth in the morning!)

Extra bonus #2 -- 15 minutes in your storage area (attic, basement, closet) -- declutter, reorganize, toss trash, etc. (50 points per 15 minutes) Done - spent 45 minutes in my storage closet this morning! 150 pts

DON'T FORGET TOTAL YOUR OWN POINTS! I'll add points later :) TOTAL: 615 or 625..... :shifty

PARTICIPANTS
rstump/Renee 580
PlayfulMommy/Sheryl 220
SonshineMama/Jodi 420
ElectricEarth/Terra
lumpofclay/Jessica
WI Mama 05/Kim 545
MommaCat 200
jujubnme/Andrea 160
naturallia/Trishia 145
Blue Savannah
FROGmama/Lorene 510
lsparks00/Laura 585
RiverRock/Jessica
purstrength/Kat 125
joyful mama/Jen 280
[/quote]

purstrength
01-04-2008, 08:20 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) Done = 10
Declutter - 15 mins/day (10 pts) Done = 10
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) Done = 15
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) Done = 15

TWO NEW DAILY TASKS
15 minute pickup Done = 15
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your familyDone = 75

Challenge #2 -- Take good care of yourself -- spend 15 minutes doing something YOU want to do. (100 points) Done = 100

Today's Total = 240 Monthly Total = 365

Garland
01-04-2008, 10:14 PM
My points for today:

HOT spots - (10 pts)
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink)
Laundry ( 5 points for making progress on laundry)
15 minute pick ups - 2 times (30 points)
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points)

Challenge #2 -- Take good care of yourself -- spend 15 minutes doing what I wanted to do - ebaying! (100 points)

Bonus #2 -- help your children with a chore - took out all garbages & recycling together (100 points)

Extra bonus #2 -- 15 minutes in your storage area - got a closet decluttered. (50 points per 15 minutes x 2 = 100 points)

TOTAL for MommaCat for Challenge Day #2: 520 Points

lumpofclay
01-04-2008, 10:22 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) -- done (10)
Declutter - 15 mins/day (10 pts) -- had to skip today :/ but I did throw away stuff from my hot spots :dance
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) -- caught up (15)
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) -- caught up (15)

TWO NEW DAILY TASKS
15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up) -- one (15)
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family -- done and I read the best devotion on entropy...seriously felt timed by God :amen happened to be the next chapter in my book, so cool (150)

Challenge #2 -- Take good care of yourself -- spend 15 minutes doing something YOU want to do. (100 points) -- scrapbooked recital pics from last year :) (100)
Bonus #2 -- help your children with a chore - if your children are too young, just talk to them as you work and explain what you are doing and why. It's NEVER to young to bring them into your ministry to your home. Savana has been emptying the dishwasher since she could walk over to it :) (100 points) -- worked with both girls in their room; nice! (100)

Extra bonus #2 -- 15 minutes in your storage area (attic, basement, closet) -- declutter, reorganize, toss trash, etc. (50 points per 15 minutes) -- this is the only thing that bums me out b/c i spent the afternoon at an ER dentist visit for M, so I just didn't have the time today. i *really* hope this one repeats! :tu

Total for today: 405
Dailies (40) + new dailies (165) + challenge #2 (100) + bonus #2 (100)

rstump
01-04-2008, 10:30 PM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) - done...2x's if not MORE - 10pts
Declutter - 15 mins/day (10 pts) - easily done again. LOL....too much to declutter - 10pts
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) - SHINY SHINY SHINY. - 15pts
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) - ALL caught up and put away - 15pts

TWO NEW DAILY TASKS
15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up) - 3 - 15 min pick ups - 45 pts
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family - DONE....wonderful to remember my focus. - 150pts

Challenge #2 -- Take good care of yourself -- spend 15 minutes doing something YOU want to do. (100 points) - I did this.....it was nice. I focused on my herbal studies, started some hypericum oil, created labels for and bottled my Master Tonic, and had some yummy Chai tea for lunch and chamomile before I am going to bed. - 100pts

Bonus #2 -- help your children with a chore - if your children are too young, just talk to them as you work and explain what you are doing and why. It's NEVER to young to bring them into your ministry to your home. Savana has been emptying the dishwasher since she could walk over to it :) (100 points) - OH this is a great one....although my kids do lots of chores. Daily....my 3yo - helps set the table & empty the utensils in the dishwasher, My 6yo transfers over the wash, folds and puts away all towels, My 11yo - does dishes every other night, takes care of the fish tanks, clears the table, empties trash around the house, puts her & the other kids clothes away, and mows the yard. ....there is more but I know that is what was done today. - 100pts

Extra bonus #2 -- 15 minutes in your storage area (attic, basement, closet) -- declutter, reorganize, toss trash, etc. (50 points per 15 minutes) - DONE....only 15 minutes.

DON'T FORGET TOTAL YOUR OWN POINTS! - Total 495

joyful mama
01-04-2008, 11:32 PM
[quote=SonshineMama ]
DAILY STUFF
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes)

TWO NEW DAILY TASKS
15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up)
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family

Challenge #2 -- Take good care of yourself -- spend 15 minutes doing something YOU want to do. (100 points)
Bonus #2 -- help your children with a chore - if your children are too young, just talk to them as you work and explain what you are doing and why. It's NEVER to young to bring them into your ministry to your home. Savana has been emptying the dishwasher since she could walk over to it :) (100 points)

hot spots DONE 10pts
shiny sink DONE 15 pts
decluttered kitchen DONE 10 pts
laundry - progress 5 pts
15 min. pickups- 4 done- 60 pts
devotions/quiet time- done 150
challenge #2- exercised at gym - 100
bonus #2- helped sandy with picking up toys and slverware sorting. she's getting good! - 100

450 pts total today :)

730 pts total i think...

naturallia
01-05-2008, 01:06 AM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) :rockon
Declutter - 15 mins/day (10 pts) :rockon
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) :rockon
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) Caught up!!!! :phew

TWO NEW DAILY TASKS
15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up) 4 times (Ryan kept on undoing what I did! :rolleyes2 )

Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family :rockon I still need to put together what I will cover for the bible study group I'm putting together

Challenge #2 -- Take good care of yourself -- spend 15 minutes doing something YOU want to do. (100 points) Watched Numbers with DH.

Bonus #2 -- help your children with a chore - if your children are too young, just talk to them as you work and explain what you are doing and why. It's NEVER to young to bring them into your ministry to your home. Savana has been emptying the dishwasher since she could walk over to it happy smile (100 points) I had Ryan help me make dinner... it was hard letting him help!

Extra bonus #2 -- 15 minutes in your storage area (attic, basement, closet) -- declutter, reorganize, toss trash, etc. (50 points per 15 minutes)- two hours :rockon so that's... 8 15 minute chunks... 50 times 8 is... 400?

145 plus today's total 1,005 :jawdrop

Naturallia/Tishia = 1150 points

I got one of those pregnancy-induced cleaning frenzies today...

naturallia
01-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Wait a minute, is my math off? I can't be THAT far ahead... :scratch

Myrtle
01-05-2008, 06:46 AM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) doneDeclutter - 15 mins/day (10 pts) doneShiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) doneLaundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) done

TWO NEW DAILY TASKS
15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up) 4 p/us
done :heart

Challenge #2 -- Take good care of yourself -- spend 15 minutes doing something YOU want to do. (100 points) I read the whole time dd and ds were taking their naps, and that was a lot longer than 15 min. :shifty
Bonus #2 -- help your children with a chore - if your children are too young, just talk to them as you work and explain what you are doing and why. It's NEVER to young to bring them into your ministry to your home. Savana has been emptying the dishwasher since she could walk over to it :) (100 points) dd loves to mop!
Extra bonus #2 -- 15 minutes in your storage area (attic, basement, closet) -- declutter, reorganize, toss trash, etc. (50 points per 15 minutes) spent 2 hours decluttering, reorganizing and tossing stuff in the art supplies area. :phew

total:860 pts today for a grand total of 1445

tempus vernum
01-05-2008, 07:10 AM

:giggle well, it sure looks good -- do you want me to give it a try and see what I come up with?

tempus vernum
01-05-2008, 07:21 AM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) done is it 10 or 20 pts for doing it two times a day?
Declutter - 15 mins/day (10 pts) done = 15 pts
Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) Done - 15 pts
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) Done - 15 pts

TWO NEW DAILY TASKS
15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up) 1 hour = 15X4 = 60 pts
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family Done - 150 pts

Challenge #2 -- Take good care of yourself -- spend 15 minutes doing something YOU want to do. (100 points) Done - 100 pts!
Bonus #2 -- help your children with a chore - if your children are too young, just talk to them as you work and explain what you are doing and why. It's NEVER to young to bring them into your ministry to your home. Savana has been emptying the dishwasher since she could walk over to it :) (100 points) Done - 100 pts (we are working on DD wiping the bathroom sink out after brushing teeth in the morning!)

Extra bonus #2 -- 15 minutes in your storage area (attic, basement, closet) -- declutter, reorganize, toss trash, etc. (50 points per 15 minutes) Done - spent 45 minutes in my storage closet this morning! 150 pts

DON'T FORGET TOTAL YOUR OWN POINTS! I'll add points later :) TOTAL: 615 or 625..... :shifty

PARTICIPANTS
rstump/Renee 580
PlayfulMommy/Sheryl 220
SonshineMama/Jodi 420
ElectricEarth/Terra
lumpofclay/Jessica
WI Mama 05/Kim 545
MommaCat 200
jujubnme/Andrea 160
naturallia/Trishia 145
Blue Savannah
FROGmama/Lorene 510
lsparks00/Laura 585
RiverRock/Jessica
purstrength/Kat 125
joyful mama/Jen 280

[/quote]

615 - 10 PTS TOTAL FOR DOING HOT SPOTS 2 X'S A DAY :)

tryin-to-FROG
01-05-2008, 11:56 AM
DAILY STUFF
HOT spots - 5 mins 2x's a day (10 pts) DONE 10 pts

Shiny sink (15 pts for empty shiny sink, 5 points for doing some dishes) 5 points done
Laundry (15 pts for caught up, 5 points for making progress on laundry but not caught up) 5 pts done

TWO NEW DAILY TASKS
15 minute pick ups (15 pts per pick up) 15 pts
Quiet Time/Devotions (150 points) Spent time with Jesus - pray, focus, ask HIM to bless your ministry to your family DONE! 150 pts

Challenge #2 -- Take good care of yourself -- spend 15 minutes doing something YOU want to do. (100 points) Done

going to work on the other bonuses today:)

Total for today 285!!!

lumpofclay
01-05-2008, 01:11 PM

:shrug I count 860 (only b/c you pointed it out)

50 (for dailies) + 210 (for new dailies) + 100 (challenge) + 100 (bonus) + 400 (extra bonus)

Of course, we know have two pregnant women trying to add, and that gets crazy sometimes! :lol

Whatever your total is, you're really rocking with your two hours in your storage space!! :rockon

tempus vernum
01-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Lorene, I got it. Naturallia did you double check your points yet? I haven't added them up at all but lumpofclay checked them.

naturallia
01-06-2008, 10:33 PM
I trust lumpofclay's math over my own preggie brain math. :lol

tempus vernum
01-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Okay, i changed it

lumpofclay
01-07-2008, 08:15 AM
:O I just love math, so when I saw you asked about your points, I had to open my little calculator! :lol