PDA

View Full Version : January Messies Challenge #2

klpmommy
01-02-2008, 05:28 AM
daily:

dishes 10 pts
2 hotspots 10 pts
(hotspots are those spots in your home that collect clutter magically ;) )
laundry- part 3 pts, whole 15 pts
(a whole load is from wash to put away, a part load is either wash, dry, fold or put away)
5 pts for each 5 things decluttered

today's challenges: let's spend the next few days in the bathrooms
bathroom sink- 20 pts each sink
bathroom counters- 25 pts
specific bathroom declutter area- pick a drawer, cabinet or shelf in the linen closet (5 pts each 5 things-- this counts as the daily declutter)

Points so far, pls let me know if I missed anything or if you need to update your points :)
Klpmommy 130
Lula 68
Nebraskanmom 100
MamaMansa
Mother of Sons
JoyInTheSpirit
Jewelmcjem 23
Cheyenne 80
Mom2threegirls 60
MrsHutch 30
FROGmama 20
AmyWA 73
Happygrl 95
Apmommy 155
MtnMama 68
forgiven
joystrength 45
meli 90

Living My Dream
01-02-2008, 05:51 AM
Hey! Thanks for next challenge.

MtnMama
01-02-2008, 06:32 AM
:heart blb

AmyWA
01-02-2008, 07:31 AM
WooHoo - I'm loving this! I already have part of it done and it's only 6:30am! :jawdrop

Here's my total so far (I'll update it through the day):

laundry- 1 fold/put away 6pts, 1 dry/fold/put away 9pts, 2 whole loads (total 45pts)
bathroom sink- 80 pts (4 sinks)
3 bathroom counters - 75 pts
2 hotspots (both drawers where my daughter collects her toys) 10pts
decluttered (I threw away probably 50 things) but I'm just going to give myself 15pts
cleaned the linen closet got rid of about 5 things 5pts
dishes 10 pts

total so far 240pts

and I'm COMPLETELY caught up on my laundry (diapers and all!)! Yippeee!

inesperada
01-02-2008, 07:32 AM
sink & counters - 45 pts
45 items of clothing decluttered - 45 pts
20 pieces of fabric decluttered - 20 pts
20 items out of the medicine cabinet - 20 pts
dishes - 10 pts
hot spots - 10 pts
2 loads folded - 6 pts

total so far = 156 pts

MrsHutch
01-02-2008, 07:44 AM
I just posted on the other thread, but thought maybe I should post here since this is the new one? :scratch Count me in for 30 points for doing dishes and scrubbing the toilet last night. :)

Living My Dream
01-02-2008, 08:01 AM
dishes - 10
2 hotspots - 10
laundry - 3
5 things decluttered - 5
bathroom sink - 20
bathroom counters - 25
bathroom declutter - didnt end up fniding anything. we did a big clear out a few eeks ago.

Can I get 3 points for folding and 3 points for loading washer so that'd be 6? or is it 3 because its not a full laundry?

Todays points: 73! :smile

inesperada
01-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Can I get 3 points for folding and 3 points for loading washer so that'd be 6? or is it 3 because its not a full laundry?

It's supposed to be 3 points for wash & dry, 3 points for folding, 3 points for putting away, or 10 points for full. So you get 3 pts for folding one load, and if all you do with the one in the washer is get it dry that's another 3 for 6 pts.

klpmommy
01-02-2008, 08:21 AM
I'll update the points from the other thread, let's keep this one for today's challenge or I will be totally confused (not too hard to do :crazy )

Living My Dream
01-02-2008, 08:25 AM
It's supposed to be 3 points for wash & dry, 3 points for folding, 3 points for putting away, or 10 points for full. So you get 3 pts for folding one load, and if all you do with the one in the washer is get it dry that's another 3 for 6 pts.

doesn't the last bit mean 3 for wash n 3 for dry?

SOrry

klpmommy
01-02-2008, 08:35 AM
the way I have counted it is 3 for wash, 3 for dry & 3 for fold & put away- but I have been known to forget to move clothes from the washer to the dryer (that was before cloth diapers) & once I start folding I always put away immediately or I just end up unfolding them to put them back in the baskets. :shrug maybe we should come up with something "official"....

RooMama
01-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Oh, I missed yesterdays thread!

I've been counting 3 for wash and dry, 3 for folding and 3 for putting away. (I've got a laundry basket full of folded clothes in my family room right now :bag )

inesperada
01-02-2008, 08:44 AM
See, mine always makes it into the dryer, but once it's folded it can sit around for a while. Maybe we should change it to:

3 - wash
3 - dry
3 - fold
3 - put away

15 - whole load

klpmommy
01-02-2008, 08:46 AM
See, mine always makes it into the dryer, but once it's folded it can sit around for a while. Maybe we should change it to:

3 - wash
3 - dry
3 - fold
3 - put away

15 - whole load

yes, i think that makes sense. i'll uodate the op.

Living My Dream
01-02-2008, 09:11 AM
i like that. sorry. just wanted to check. i know its not really the point. but the points dont half motivate me to get off my chair!!!

klpmommy
01-02-2008, 10:04 AM
the points are for fun, but fun helps, right? :sillygrin

AmyWA
01-02-2008, 11:03 AM
the points are for fun, but fun helps, right? :sillygrin

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!! Definately motivates me! :yes :yes :yes

joystrength
01-02-2008, 11:45 AM
dishes 10 pts
2 hotspots 10 pts
(hotspots are those spots in your home that collect clutter magically wink )
laundry- part 3 pts, whole 15 pts
(a whole load is from wash to put away, a part load is either wash, dry, fold or put away)
5 pts for each 5 things decluttered

bathroom sink- 20 pts each sink
specific bathroom declutter area- pick a drawer, cabinet or shelf in the linen closet (5 pts each 5 things-- this counts as the daily declutter)

BBL to update:
dishes--10pts

klpmommy
01-02-2008, 01:06 PM
so far

4 sinks 80
3 countertops 75
1 full load laundry 15
dishes 10
decluttered a drawer - 15 at least!!

total" 195

lumpofclay
01-02-2008, 01:10 PM
I have another question:

(I posted the first one in a separate thread but haven't gotten a response yet...I was wondering if the specific areas posted in the challenges will follow any sort of pattern (FlyLady or otherwise).)

My second question is what are y'all counting as dishes? I know they are just fun points, but I'm just wondering how to tally that. We use a DW here.

inesperada
01-02-2008, 01:12 PM
I have another question:

(I posted the first one in a separate thread but haven't gotten a response yet...I was wondering if the specific areas posted in the challenges will follow any sort of pattern (FlyLady or otherwise).)

For the messy challenges, we don't follow a pattern (at least I don't when I post them - Kimberly may have a pattern in her head ready for January)

My second question is what are y'all counting as dishes? I know they are just fun points, but I'm just wondering how to tally that. We use a DW here.

Dishes = you did some dishes. Any at all, though preferably getting them sort of caught up.

klpmommy
01-02-2008, 01:23 PM
I have another question:

sorry- I didn't see the questions in the other thread. I tend to get distracted by one of my kids.

My pattern- I am trying to work a room at a time, but I am not following anything really. So right now we are finishing up bathrooms, then I don't know what I will do next- I will likely look around my house & see which has exploded the worst :shifty . Then I will try to break it up into manageable chunks each day. I know if I read "clean your bathroom" I would walk in, look at it & decide I couldn't do all of it, but I will do my toilets one day, the counters & sinks another, the floors another, the tub/shower another (see what our next challenges are going to be? :lol ).

As for the second, I use a dw, too. I count it if I get the dinner dishes done & go to bed with the sink mostly empty of dirty dishes. But since the points are just for fun, count it the way that gives you the most reason to do dishes & causes the least amount of stress.

jewelmcjem
01-02-2008, 03:22 PM
This is awesome! I'm printing up each day's challenge and when the girls ask for a chore (they only get 30 minutes online each day, if they want more they have to earn it with a chore beyond their "part of the family" chores), I can give them something off the list!!!

AmyWA
01-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Is it 25 pts per bathroom counter or 25 for doing them all?

lumpofclay
01-02-2008, 04:32 PM
sorry- I didn't see the questions in the other thread. I tend to get distracted by one of my kids.

That's ok. I figured my other question had gotten buried, which is why I sorta passive-aggressively mentioned it here. :lol

Thanks for the answers. It helps to know you have somewhat of a pattern to the specific areas. I like that it will be one room at a time. I'm used to FL's zones, so a room or two a week feels familiar. Tasks in different rooms every single day feels chaotic to me (which is why I'm so hesitant with the MM stuff).

klpmommy
01-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Is it 25 pts per bathroom counter or 25 for doing them all?

i'm counting 25/counter

Thanks for the answers. It helps to know you have somewhat of a pattern to the specific areas. I like that it will be one room at a time.

it works for me b/c then one room gets cleaner & is more noticeable rather than scattered spots of cleaner. :shifty :giggle

MtnMama
01-02-2008, 04:45 PM
I love that this is a challenge where perfectionism isn't the goal! :heart It's very realistic to me!

dishes 10 pts
2 hotspots -- kitchen counter, top of dryer 10 pts
laundry -- whole 15 pts :cheer

bathroom sink- 20 pts
towel shelf, refold and reorganize; changing table -- 10 points

Total points: 90 points! :cheer

Meli
01-02-2008, 05:44 PM
You need to add my 90 points from yesterday!
Today so far:
dishes 10 pts
2 hotspots - 10 points
laundry- 15 pts
5 pts for each 5 things decluttered - I "decluttered" all of the christmas paraphanalia from the house - tree, decorations, cards, figurines, lights from the front windows, front door wreath, candles, etc = about 50 ponts worth I estimate

bathroom sink- 20
bathroom counters- 25
specific bathroom declutter area- pick a drawer, cabinet or shelf in the linen closet (5 pts each 5 things-- this counts as the daily declutter) - 15

total points 145

klpmommy
01-02-2008, 06:25 PM

:rockon look at you-- the declutter queen of the day!!! :highfive

inesperada
01-02-2008, 06:30 PM
:mrgreen It helped that my bf was here wanting to take all that fabric off my hands ;) But it definitely made a dent in that corner (one of those jobs I've been avoiding)

AmyWA
01-02-2008, 07:01 PM

:rockon look at you-- the declutter queen of the day!!! :highfive

You're awesome! I bet it feels great at least to make a dent! :clap

kwisie
01-02-2008, 08:14 PM
OK, I need to join this thing. We started yesterday trying to make this place look better.  :hunh DH was on a cleaning kick yesterday, but it wasn't on the list of things to do. I think I'll have to count them as decluttering.

Yesterday:
Clean up massive mess in bedroom - It had to be about 50 items, so I'll count it as 50 points
Clean refrigerator, including washing shelves and drawers  - 163544849 points :shifty (ok, I guess we can call it 50 again, or can I get lots more?)
Dishes - 10 points
Laundry - 24 points

Today:
Dishes - 10 points
2 hotspots - 10 points
Laundry - 15 points so far, I might get one more part done tonight.

I'm going to run do something in the bathroom. I'll be back.

I think this just might be what I needed! I love getting points.  :)

ETA - I did more!
2 sinks - 40 points
2 mirrors - 40 points
1 counter - 25 points
1.5 toilets - 30 points (I'll have to finish the other half later.)

RooMama
01-02-2008, 09:39 PM
I missed yesterday's tread, so I tried to make up today

Toilets 40 points
mirrors 40 points
Sinks 40 points my bathrooms don't have counters (oh, how I wish they did)
Laundry 57 points

total 177 points

tomorrow, I'll have to get some decluttering and hot-spots taken care of.

Cheyenne
01-02-2008, 11:32 PM
dishes 10 pts

2 hotspots 10 pts

laundry- whole 15 pts

5 pts for each 5 things decluttered: 10 pts

bathroom sink- 20 pts

Happygrl
01-03-2008, 01:47 AM
It's been one of those days here, so not much got done...

dishes 10 pts

bathroom sink- 20 pts each sink 60
bathroom counters- 25 pts 50

120+95=215

MrsHutch
01-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Dishes- 10 points
Laundry- 19 points

That's all... I'm really lagging... but at least I'm getting something done!

mom2threegirls
01-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Ok, updating my points for yesterday :yes. I got a LOT done!
daily:

dishes 10 pts
hotspots- girls toy table, and DD#1's desk 10 points
5 loads of laundry for 75 points :phew
15 items decluttered from playroom/girls' rooms

bathroom sink- 20 pts each sink- got 2 sinks done for 40 points
bathroom counters- 2 counters done for 50 points

total for Wednesday: 200 points. All that laundry really helped out! :rockon

It's funny...somehow these points are very motivating to me throughout the day- as I'm doing laundry I'm thinking "Gosh, I really don't want to finish this.... but I get 15 points if I do!" :giggle. Whatever works, right? :lol