PDA

View Full Version : My new website about getting organized!

Garland
01-02-2008, 12:16 AM
My New Year's goal is to get my home more organized. I thought it would be fun to encourage others in their home-organization as well. I started a new website where I will tell about what organizing projects I'm currently doing. I'm looking forward to keeping up with it!

Want to join me in my quest to get organized? Check out my new site: www.Get-Me-Organized.org

I'm not selling anything, just posting information about getting organized (similiar to a blog-style site). I'd welcome any comments or feedback about it (the first website I've made!)

Happy New Year!

Living My Dream
01-02-2008, 03:30 AM
Really great website! Its one way f keeping you up to date knowing that other mums are relying on you to put the next project up! WELL DONE!

The Tickle Momster
01-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Your site looks great! Good work!

Suggestions for hats, mittens, gloves, etc in a house without a coat closet?

BHope
01-02-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm organizing my laundry room this week. It's been on The List for a year. (You know which list I'm talking about, the one at the back of your head that keeps a running and unorganized tally of everything you're going to do but never actually do.)

Garland
01-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the comments! Yes, I should put some ideas together for houses that don't have a coat closet....hmmm, I'll get on that soon.

Ahh, the laundry room - that has been on the back of my mind too! That will be one of my next projects for sure! Mine is piled up and it will be so nice to have it free of clutter soon!

The Tickle Momster
01-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Laundry room is on my list too. We are planning to get some good cupboards in there, so it's been backburnered, but ugh! It needs some help so I can get back to folding right out of the dryer.

jewelmcjem
01-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Can you add an RSS feed so that we can keep up with your projects on a feed reader?

Garland
01-02-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm brand new to learning about writing websites (my husband is teaching me). I'm not sure what an RSS feed is. Can you let me know (or I can ask my hubby later too).

RealLifeMama
01-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Your site looks great! Good work!

Suggestions for hats, mittens, gloves, etc in a house without a coat closet?

We have a coat rack that was my great grandmother's, so we put our coats on that. For the other stuff, we have a small desk w/ drawers in the hallway and we use what would be a file drawer for the hats, mittens, etc.

Garland
01-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I've also seen people use an entryway chair/bench with a lid, and stored items such as hats/gloves/scarves in that. Or a basket/container underneath the chair would work too.

jewelmcjem
01-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Well, I'm not too computer saavy, but it's a way that your site sends updates to people who subscribe via an RSS reader (Google Reader or bloglines, or whatever). I used to use Feedburner (http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/home)for my blog until Blogger added RSS as an option to check (that's why I don't know how to do it myself, lol!). I moved to a new blogging site, but it also has a built-in RSS option.

Garland
01-02-2008, 02:30 PM
oh yes, that makes sense - thanks! I do hope to put an RSS feeder in. I'll talk to my hubby about getting it set up soon.

ArmsOfLove
01-06-2008, 07:31 PM
I've also seen people use an entryway chair/bench with a lid, and stored items such as hats/gloves/scarves in that. Or a basket/container underneath the chair would work too.
We have a box from IKEA that has a lid and we use it like a bench and keep everything in it. I still need to go through this but today I did all the tupperware stuff--we had a TON of lids without bowls :scratch But I got 5 containers of stuff down to 3--the 3 that fit under our kitchen counters and now I have two great storage boxes for dh's inside tool stuff which is currently in a basket :doh

I need to go through the silverware drawer. Everyone being sick is making all my new year plans sort of stand still :(

May I link to your new site on my blog, though??? I love it.

Garland
01-06-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm glad you looked at the site and used some of the suggestions! And yes, that would be great if you put a link to my site on your blog. Thanks! :smile

I look forward to updating it more this week. Such a fun new project!

WI Mama05
01-06-2008, 07:43 PM
I book marked it ;). Great idea about the baskets for shoes. Ours are forever falling out when you open the door :think :O

purstrength
01-07-2008, 02:07 PM
I book marked it ;). Great idea about the baskets for shoes. Ours are forever falling out when you open the door :think :O

So once I have children, I shouldn't expect them to stay lined up neatly? :shifty :giggle

Garland
01-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Can you add an RSS feed so that we can keep up with your projects on a feed reader?

I was able to add an RSS feed, so people can subscribe and receive email updates now.

I've been enjoying having this new website. I've been slowly adding content whenever I get free time to type! :nak2

Zipporah
01-16-2008, 09:01 PM

So once I have children, I shouldn't expect them to stay lined up neatly? :shifty :giggle

You mean your dh puts his shoes away?