PDA

View Full Version : Termites in the toys???

MamaCare
12-31-2007, 08:45 PM
So for the longest while I kept thinking G got into my bare minerals powder... I kept finding "dust" by her toy basket in her upstairs bedroom. I'd vacuum it up, but more would show up in a few days. So yesterday I was cleaning in her room and realized the basket is being eaten. And there were tiny holes in her PLAN ball-banging toy. So I ditched the basket and the toy, but took the rest of the toys and put them in a cardboard box in her room. Well, I just found more dust in the cardboard box. *sigh* These are some of her favorites... her veggie and fruit set, and her wooden spoon... I don't see any holes, but I'm assuming there *has* to be termites, right? And if they are in her toys, doesn't that mean they're likely in my house???? I have put them in a ziplock baggie for now... is there any hope for them? And what can I do to make sure there aren't buggies in the woodwork? Aaaarrrrggghhhh....

made4more
12-31-2007, 09:46 PM
weird. I can't help, but wanted to share a similar story. this MIGHT be what's happening, but not sure.

we got a wooden photo box from mil about 3 years ago. for about 2 years it was making the WEIRDEST haunted sounding noise. After seeing a trail in the side of the wood inside the box, dh opened it up and found a wood beetle. but it must have been in the wood when they sent it, because we never saw any sign of him until after about a year or so. EWWWW.

http://extension.missouri.edu/explore/images/g07422art01.jpg he was like the second to last wormie.

HummusDip
12-31-2007, 09:52 PM
I have no idea but ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :crazy2

Katigre
01-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Oh yuck yuck yuck!!!!! I dont' have any ideas, but I wanted to show some sympathy.