PDA

View Full Version : Moldy bathtub toys

TuneMyHeart
12-31-2007, 09:20 AM
What do you do with bathtub toys that get moldy inside? We only have a few tub toys, but I'm hesitant to get any more because of the mold issue. There's no way to get to the inside of them, where the mold is growing. :sick Ellie got a new bathtub play set and I'm scared to let her use it in the tub, because I figure in a couple of months we'll just have to throw it away.

This cheapskate hates throwing useful things away. :O

RachamMama
12-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Hmmm, I haven't had this issue. I do hang things in a mesh bag to dry between uses though..

Can you throw them in the dishwasher w/ bleach once a week or so?

Heather Micaela
12-31-2007, 10:50 AM
I gave up trying to clean inside - bit as much as I do not like bleach I would have thouse toys suck up the bleach water and let it sit a while then squirt it out again.

I only buy sealed tub toys or things like a baot that I can clean easily now.

klpmommy
12-31-2007, 10:52 AM
I throw them away & only use bathtub toys that water can't get inside or ones that are big enough to clean the inside (pouring cups for example, regular plastic dinos, no more squirters).

BTW, I am cheap & hate to throw away stuff, too. Just consider it decluttering. ;)

hey mommy
12-31-2007, 11:04 AM
The squirt toys I throw away. There is usually no saving them once they get moldy. I try not to buy them, but sometimes we end up w/them anyway. The other toys get put in a plastic bucket after the bath, but they get washed sometimes.. I usually throw them in the washer w/the whites(and bleach) and let them wash in there. Then I lay them out and dry them.